Monday, August 30, 2010

Is This the Little Girl I Carried?

Piper's very first (and very rainy) day of kindergarten:


She styled herself (and did a great job--look how well everything matches)!


It was so much easier sending her to school than it was when I had to send Chloe.  A big sister/protector/guide is the best way to relieve anxious kindergarteners (and mothers)!


Driving away in Daddy's car . . . he went into work late in order to drop the girls off at school (we all needed that psychological boost--Piper was a wee bit nervous, Chloe had the worst case of Sunday Night Blues I've ever seen, and I was worried about them both!).  He is the BEST dad (and husband).  He even took pictures of her at school.


Before too long, the first day was over and it was time to ride the bus home.



Tessa, Sadie, and I went to retrieve Pipes from the bus stop at noon.  She had a great day at school, but she cried on the bus because she was worried the driver didn't know where she lived (which sounded very familiar to me).


But she cheered up pretty quickly once she saw me.  We're talking like 27 seconds.  You just can't keep that girl down!  She had a great first day and she really likes her teacher (Chloe had her as well.  We love her!)


It's official!  I have two elementary schoolers. 

And for hardcore Piper fans, here is a video:



5 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed. I looked at each pic individually blown up. They look so adorable. I'm happy you had your camera back for this epic morning of photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute photos and am I a total dork in that I watched the Piper 1st day of kindergarten video and got teary thinking about Eli starting kindergarten in two years?? Piper was so great about saying goodbye and marching confidently into school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piper is so cute and exudes confidence!!! LOL! I loved how her backback is almost as big as her!

    ReplyDelete