I walked into the kitchen yesterday afternoon and got the strongest impression that Chloe really wanted to make chocolate chip cookies:
My favorite part was that she knew most of the ingredients and had them all ready and waiting (how can she be 7 and already know TWO sticks of butter are required?!?):
Or maybe my favorite part was the measuring cups, all lined up by size:
She even knew which bowl I like to use and found both beaters for the mixer:
With prompting like that, I made haste and got the oven heating. And then I got to spend an afternoon baking cookies with my girls, listening to our new favorite music (Pomplamoose's Tribute to Famous People--thanks for the suggestion, Sarah!). When the girls asked to lick the beaters, "La Vie En Rose" was playing. How could I say no?
I was in such a good mood, I even let them lick the bowl (even if they looked and acted like feral wolves while doing so):
Thankfully, nobody got salmonella or lost any digits in the crazy brouhaha to get the dough remnants clinging to the sides of our trusty red bowl. And let it be known: I can totally take a hint! (Especially when it leads to the glorious afternoon I spent with my adorable little sous chefs.)
AHAHAHHA, everything is lined up so pretty! I guess after gathering all of it you figure it's easier to make cookies and THEN put it all away.
ReplyDeleteGood one, Chloe.
This is hilarious!! I'm so impressed with Chloe's organization and memory for making cookies. AND I'm so happy you like Pomplamoose's stuff - isn't she fun??? I could bake or cook to that music anytime. Your girls are so cute in the picture w/ their beaters!
ReplyDeletePS. we ate the rest of those cookies....
ReplyDeletemmm... cinnamon.
I'm 30 and I don't know 2 sticks of butter are required.
ReplyDeleteImpressive, Chloe.
Each additional stick of butter increases the deliciousness quotient.
ReplyDeleteLove it. Chloe is my kind of girl :)
ReplyDelete