Lately Piper has been obsessed with getting her ears pierced. Being the fashionista that she is, she kept getting annoyed that her clip-on earrings that wouldn't stay put. Uncooperative accessories really are the worst. Anyway, we started talking about letting her get earrings like Mommy and she really latched on to that idea. We discussed it for several weeks. It was the only thing she wanted for her birthday plus I still have vivid memories of begging for years to get my ears pierced before I was finally allowed to do so on my eighth birthday (I always swore as soon as any of my girls expressed the slightest interest in getting it done, I would make it happen). Carter wasn't thrilled about the idea, but he came around. So last night, we pulled the trigger and got her ears done.
We went to the mall. The gal at the piercing place put a birthday crown and banner on Piper (and there would be a picture of this, but I opened my purse only to discover the camera was still on the front seat of the car. D'oh. I did get a cell phone shot, but I have no idea how to get it up here). We picked earrings, sterilized her ears, and then drew the pen dots in the right place (oh, and I had to turn over my drivers license and fill out tons of paper work! I swear it was easier to get a marriage license than to get my daughter's ears pierced, but whatever . . .). Then it was time for the main event.
It was kinda sad, I'll admit. More than a few tears slipped out after the first ear was done. She turned to me and said, "Mommy, that didn't hurt a little. It hurted A LOT!" I felt bad, but soon enough the second ear was done and she was admiring herself in the mirror. After we paid, we walked past another girl who was about two years older than Pipes getting HER ears pierced. She was screaming and crying. Piper said, "I didn't cry THAT much!" It was pretty funny.
All day today she's been admiring her new jewelry. I'm just praying she doesn't get an infection! Keep your fingers crossed . . .
Way to go Piper!
ReplyDeleteAfter Hannah got hers done, she walked around a little pale for a few minutes. I thought I'd need to catch her.
WOOOOWWWWW.
ReplyDeleteI never did it. Too big of a wuss.
Pipes got ear-bling! She is so fashion forward... she'll love THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA when she's older... (like 22 ;-)
ReplyDeleteXO,
Mimi