Tessa has developed a strong affinity for the bathroom. I don't know if it's because she loves the shower curtain or if she gets a kick out of doing that which is forbidden or if there is an actual magnet the draws her directly to the potty (flushed if we're lucky--oh, how I wish I could get her sisters to follow the flush, shut lit, close door ritual EVERY time!), but that of all rooms is the one she finds irresistible. Last week as I was cleaning in there (because if I can't keep her out, maybe I could succeed in banishing the germs?), I noticed the cutest little piece of forensic evidence that Tessa had left behind. There, in the pile of the bathmat, was the most perfectly formed little footprint. Each tiny toe was preserved. I couldn't get over how adorable it was, so I attempted to take a picture so I could keep it forever.
Alas, it didn't go very well. But you get the idea. I'm glad I have these pictures (as poor as they may be) because I know those baby feet won't be here much longer (because they are growing so quickly--not because I'm considering getting rid of Tess, despite her bathroom invasions). Ah, so sweet!
And while I'm at it, I'll go ahead and post Tessa performing her second favorite ritual (after throwing things in the potty, that is). She loves to go into her room and find this grocery bag that I filled with swim diapers for the Cedar City trip. Then she drags it around the house with her. It's pretty funny.
Tessa skipped over walking entirely. She went straight from her gimp crawl to full on sprinting. That girl has places to go and people to see (and, unfortunately, walls to crash into).
Awww! Another one full of personality in the works... :)
ReplyDeleteThere's a handprint on the mirror in my kids' room. I don't know whose it is, but by the time I noticed it, it was probably at least a year old. I can't bring myself to wash it off- it's so cute and chubby looking! I shouls try and take a pictire of it, good idea.
Oh dear- that's what I get for typing and feeding baby at the same time. sorry. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm told that one day we will want to keep the handprints all over the glass sliding door. Hasn't happened for me yet, but it looks like you're coming up on it!
ReplyDelete