Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Welcome Home, Mommy!

My New York Chronicles would be incomplete if I didn't include a post about how the little Belles welcomed me home.  Tessa was the most creative.  She woke up exactly three hours after I got to sleep after my crazy journey home.  I was jet lagged and utterly exhausted, so I scooped her up and took her into my bed with me.  She was trembling because she was so happy to see me, so of course there was no chance of her going back to sleep.  I blindly felt around on the nightstand for something to give her to keep her occupied while I stole a couple more winks.  I felt my Ziplock TSA bag and passed it to her.  She was so happy that I think I managed to doze a full 10 minutes before I woke up and discovered that she had learned to unscrew caps during my absence.  Yes, she managed to decorate herself with an entire pot of my beloved Benefit cream eyeshadow in Birthday Suit (which was supposed to last me the next eight months). 



 Blurry but cute! She was so happy with herself in this shot that I had to include it.

She literally had it head to toe.  I don't know how she managed to be so thorough.  I think she might have been trying to pay tribute to Boq, from my new favorite musical, but I'm not sure.



The other girls greeted me just as excitedly at Tessa did, although at a far more decent hour.  They were really excited about the treats I brought them, too (yes, I went the sugar route--the thought of picking up any more toys off the floor forced me to avoid knick knacks of any sort when selecting gifts for them).  Now that's a cute little Lollipop Gang, no?

Piper, bless her heart, slept in late that day so she missed the initial photo shoot.

I was happy to be back with my little friends and felt very popular.  I spent most of the trip thinking, "Oh, Chloe would love this!" or "Piper would get such a kick out of that!"  I hope I can take them to NY someday.  Still, I enjoyed my break.   I was so recharged by my trip, I jumped right into potty training Sadie (a chore I had been putting off for far too long).  But more on that later . . .

1 comment:

  1. She looks like a little fairy! Totally worth it. ;D

    Oh my- hope potty training is going okay!!! What an about face- go straight from the big apple to the porcelain throne...

    ReplyDelete