Dear Katie,
I am feeling really lucky that The Bachelorette went to New York the same week I am headed there! I now have some more ideas about what I would like to do while I am visiting you:
*Go to InStyle magazine and try on some "New York" outfits. I want people to take pictures of me wearing the outfits all day. And then I want to act *shocked* when they tell me I get to be in the magazine.
*Run around the Natural History Museum with flashlights.
*Get a tattoo involving hearts, shields, and roses.
*Make up an awkward song and sing it to you (badly) during a picnic.
*Wear a weird outfit that makes my thighs look bigger than tree trunks on stage at a Broadway play. Preferably I would like to be extended from the ceiling by wires at this time, but I understand there is only so much you can do.
*Have a weird concert on a rooftop where I'm the only one in attendance. Please let it have a gospel choir.
Thanks!
Kelly
I am feeling really lucky that The Bachelorette went to New York the same week I am headed there! I now have some more ideas about what I would like to do while I am visiting you:
*Go to InStyle magazine and try on some "New York" outfits. I want people to take pictures of me wearing the outfits all day. And then I want to act *shocked* when they tell me I get to be in the magazine.
*Run around the Natural History Museum with flashlights.
*Get a tattoo involving hearts, shields, and roses.
*Make up an awkward song and sing it to you (badly) during a picnic.
*Wear a weird outfit that makes my thighs look bigger than tree trunks on stage at a Broadway play. Preferably I would like to be extended from the ceiling by wires at this time, but I understand there is only so much you can do.
*Have a weird concert on a rooftop where I'm the only one in attendance. Please let it have a gospel choir.
Thanks!
Kelly
She returned the email promising not only to see what she could do about making these activities happen, but that she would definitely guard and protect my heart the entire time I'm there. Score.
Also, I guess it's False Eyelash Week here at Kell's Belles because here comes some more info on my latest obsession. A couple of people requested better eyelash shots, so here we go on that:
Clicking on these shots to enlarge them can help you see the results. I'm not saying that miracles happened that day. I'm just saying the false eyelashes helped my short, stubby lashes look less pathetic when I was standing (or sitting or eating or dancing) next to my husband, who happens to have amazingly long, thick, dark lashes without any help whatsoever.
Lucky for us, our girls inherited his! I tried the Japonesque lashes that were already divided into four segments (not to mention came with their own glue--it felt less scary when it was all included in one pack). I just used two of the four segments on the outer half of my eye. I watched this clip (along with like ten others, but this one was very helpful even if Danica is a little strange). Anyway, if you've never tried false eyelashes and you have a big event, I suggest you give them a whirl! Thus ends my false eyelash kick. I promise.
Emails and Eyelashes. What a theme.


Aren't those the weirdest shows ever? Isn't it kind of a "miracle" that every one of the contestants is madly in love with the hunk or hunkette that the network chooses? I saw the season with Joe the construction worker. Or whatever his name/job was. There. I said it.
ReplyDeleteThose activity ideas are so impressive. You should be on television. Good excuse to wear the lashes anyway. ;D
Your dress is super cute! The wedding looked beautiful... as do your eyes. ;)
ReplyDeleteI have to admit I too was a bit surprised when that certain someone confessed he watched the Bachelor, but I am kind of addicted to it myself. I think it's funny to watch these guys this season, please no more guitars! But I have been reading some good books as well to make up for the intelligence that is lost on my tv watching.
ReplyDeleteI too love the dress, I need one, and want to fit into one soon, so where did you get it?
I'm not going to lie, I didn't actually read your post 'cause it looked like it was going to be about the Bachelor, but I wanted to say that I like the new look of the blog. The pink stripes on the textured background look way better than the solid pepto-bismol pink.
ReplyDeleteYou look absolutely beautiful!!! I love your dress, so stylish!
ReplyDeleteThe eyelashes are great, but you know what I really like? That beautiful shirt (dress?)! LOVE IT.
ReplyDelete