I flew into JFK pretty late on Thursday night. It was an excellent flight, partly because for the first time in eight years I didn't have to wrestle a baby or change a diaper in the eensy weensy bathroom and partly because I splurged on a little tub of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia midflight. I hailed a cab and made it to Katie's apartment in the early hours of the morning. We talked for an hour and a half on accident--we were just too excited to see each other even if it was the middle of the night.
The next morning, Katie had to go into work. She left me these cute little presents:
I had those cupcakes for breakfast and I have to say they are the best I've ever had in my life. Even though they are tiny, nearly everyone was filled with a delicious cream. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. Katie also left me a metro card along detailed directions on how to walk to the subway station and then how to take the train the Metropolitan Museum of Art. She took such good care of me.
I took my sweet time getting ready that morning. I think I tried on about every dress in her closet (she had given me her blessing to wear anything I could find). Two years of New York shopping has yielded the most amazing wardrobe. And while I tried it all on, I listened to the Top 20 Countdown she had recorded on her TV. I know this sounds dorky, but it was so much fun! I took two hours to get ready when it normally takes me 20 minutes.
Anyway, I fell in love with the song in the #3 spot. I watched the video repeatedly all through the weekend and it became my official New York Theme song. Please enjoy "Bulletproof" by La Roux:
Ya this is a great song! I seriously can't wait for all the vacation updates.
ReplyDeleteAwesome. When Lisa goes out of town and I housesit I try on her clothes just for fun. It's kind of like shopping. Of course, not all of it fits.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute sister you have.
LOVE La Roux. My favorite is "As if By Magic"
Kelly, I've had this album for MONTHS why haven't i given it to you?! It looks like you are being treated well :)
ReplyDelete