Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The GeDIVA Convention


Once upon a time (twelve years ago to be exact), 14 girls who all lived on the same floor of David John Hall at BYU formed a bond.  They went to classes together, went to church together, went to dances together, primped together, laughed together, cried together, ate together, did laundry together--basically LIVED together for ten great months.  They called themselves The Divas and have been friends ever since.  Now they are spread out across the country (11 states!), but every four years they get together for a reunion.  This last Memorial Day weekend marked one such occasion.  They gathered in a gorgeous condo in Park City for spa treatments, delicious food, games, cheese tasting, karaoke, hot tub book club (this will be sweeping the nation soon), a birthday bash (because they're in the process of turning 30), fabulous restaurants, shopping, dancing, talking, and LOTS of laughing.


This weekend was incredible.  Nicole and I (the Utah Divas) had been planning this event for about a year.  Our theme was Viva La Diva.  And it came out better than we imagined.  I'm so thankful that each of these amazing ladies made the effort to leave jobs, husbands, babies, and life in general so we could have this time together (we missed the two Divas who are nine months pregnant and the one who had an important deposition to conduct on Friday and Monday terribly).  I love them all so much.  Here's a peek into our fun:

 


Yes, I'm in serious Diva Withdrawal right now.  2014 can't get here fast enough!

7 comments:

  1. I'm tellin' ya, you should call it "Book Tub."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a blast!! I'm loving the scarves. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call Carter--I'm loving the "book tub". You always were good with words...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was SUCH a great weekend! FABULOUS planning Nicole & Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still recoving from that AWESOME weekend--amazing planning, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The name Book Tub is awesome!! I love it. Kelly, thanks for all of your hard work planning such a fantastic weekend reunion with the Divas. I loved every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Thanks for the pictures!!! All the divas look fabulous and no where near 30! :-) I can't wait until the next one!

    ReplyDelete