Norma's is right up those stairs--I snagged this professional photo off the internet to illustrate where we were!
It's absolutely gorgeous in the hotel lobby and we were lucky to only have to wait about 20 minutes to get a table. As we sat and waited, we noticed five guys in dark suits with earpieces circling the restaurant. We knew there had to be a celebrity in there. Katie wasn't too surprised because the last time she ate at Norma's, she found herself washing her hands in the bathroom next to Sandra Oh.
Notice the fella checking his earpiece over my right shoulder
As soon as were were seated, we scanned the restaurant for a famous face. Well, Katie scanned the restaurant because my view was of the wall behind her. She instantly spotted Blake Lively. She got excited. But she tried to play it cool and pretend like she was taking a picture of me instead of Blake.
Doesn't my ear look pretty?
Katie got Norma's special eggs benedict and we split our dishes. Divine! But I forgot to take a picture because I was too busy shoveling food into my mouth. The eggs were really beautiful, though.
We tried to think of a way to find out who was in the restaurant with us. When the hostess came by to check the table next to us, Katie mentioned that she saw the beefy men with earpieces and was concerned they were hotel security. She asked if we should be worried about a threat to the restaurant. The hostess said that no, they were personal security guards and that she wasn't allowed to say who was there. But she also said it was someone we wouldn't know (I think she said business or political or something--I was a little offended that she assumed I wouldn't know. But then again, Norma's is not that big and I wasn't seeing any familiar faces). Oh, well. It was still the best brunch I've ever had.




So fun! I'm totally jealous - Katie suggested Norma's when we went to visit her but sadly we never made it there.
ReplyDeleteI think I may have a recipe for something like that french toast. We tried it on Mother's day and it has a carmel sauce you make first and then put the thick french bread drenched in eggs and half & half over it. Then after you cook it, it has a crispy carmelly crunch.
ReplyDeleteYum.
Yum! I've never heard of that place- sounds awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteKelly, I LOVE your getaway trip to NYC. Everything about it is awesome. So glad you got to go!!!
ReplyDelete