Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Monsters and Soccer



My brother, Taylor, likes to make shows. He helped Chloe make this gem on Sunday. She wrote the story and created all the drawings. He captured it (pictures and voices) and then animated it. It's already a family favorite. Sadie can recite it by heart. I just love how the ending sneaks up on you.

If you like this one, you can also check out the the cool new internet show Taylor's working on as part of a new media class at school by clicking here (there's also a widget at the very bottom of the blog that will stay up so you can stay tuned for the weekly installments). It's more grown-up fare--it's about a BYU student involved in a crazy conspiracy (sorry for all you soccer-playing monster fans). There's a website and games and clues and stuff in addition to the show. They're pretty sure it's the only project of its kind done by university students. It's pretty impressive and I'm happy to give it a plug. Check it out!

And in the meantime, please enjoy Monsters and Soccer.

8 comments:

  1. What a fun uncle! Most creative! Were the monsters at their soccer class? James still asks when he's going to take that again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Two monster claws way up!

    I thought I was the filmmaker in the family, then along comes Carter, then Tay-Tay, and my own great-nieces are writing and performing at their own indie prod. co. Everyone wants to get into the act...

    XO,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Ha, ha, ha. Do you want to play some soccer?"

    "Um, Okay."

    This is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite thing today. The day is young, but I doubt it can be beat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny!! I love all aspects of this cute movie. I will definitely be showing it to Eli when he wakes up from his nap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Riveting. Got Zach off the couch to come see. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum"

    Classic.

    ReplyDelete