Lately I've been trying to teach Sadie about boys and girls. Specifically, we work on identifying people as either boys or girls. I ask her about her sisters, her friends, and her relatives to see if she can properly categorize them. Last night, as we were finishing off dinner, I was helping her demonstrate her new skill for Carter."Sadie, are you a boy or a girl?" I asked.
"I a gull," she replied with a smile. (That's how she pronounces girl!)
"Is Chloe a boy or a girl?"
"Chloe a gull."
"Is Daddy a boy or a girl?"
"Daddy a boy!"
We went through our family, her cousin, her aunts and uncles, and, finally, her grandparents. Then Carter decided to try some fictional characters.
"Is Dora a boy or a girl?" he asked.
"Dora a gull!" she replied without missing a beat.
"Is Boots a boy or a girl?"
Sadie stopped and thought for a minute. Then she looked up at her father and said, "Boots a monkey."
You can't fool her.
That reminds me of Matt and Mary Margaret's oldest Andrew. When he was younger he was an elephant for Halloween and someone went up to him and said, "Hi Andrew, are you an elephant? And he said, "No, I'm a little boy dressed up like an elephant."
ReplyDeleteHeehee. What a smart little gull. ;)
ReplyDeleteAWesome!
ReplyDeleteWe're still working on words...let alone gender!
I think she answered that way because she wasn't sure. I mean, I don't know if I'm sure. Boots, what are you!?
ReplyDeleteBoots is supposed to be MALE, I think. She had a point, though--he's NOT a boy or a girl (which was the way the question was asked). He is, indeed, a monkey.
ReplyDelete