Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Littlest Flirt on the Block

Our doorbell rang this morning. Chloe and Piper (as usual) beat me to it and threw open the door to find a Cub Scout. He was decked out in his uniform and collecting canned goods for a food drive. Chloe called me to the door and then ran away, completely uninterested. Piper, on the other hand, parked herself by the door and kept smiling up at him. I ran to grab some cans. The scout, who was probably about ten or eleven, waited very patiently. When I handed over the cans, he was very polite and thanked me for my donation. Then he flashed a smile at his little admirer. She giggled. She's three years old! We said good-bye and I shut the door. Piper was beaming. "He was so nice, wasn't he?" she gushed.

So it begins. I can see Piper's type: MUCH older and in uniform. Is it too early to start locking her in her room at night? I can tell this little coquette is going to be T-R-O-U-B-L-E.


Piper knows how to work the camera, too!

8 comments:

  1. So cute, Isaac is the same way. He just flashes a smile and the girls swoon! Maybe it has something to do with being the second child, who knows? Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty funny!! Good for Piper for honing her skills from an early age :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deeeeeeee-vah!

    Gotta make 'em want it, right mom?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hilarious! She's beautiful too so you better watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that's what dads are for, to keep coquette's from going kuckoo for Cocoa-Puffs around much older men in uniform. Carter will put the dates through their paces and make sure they're on Eagle Scout behavior. The best advice I ever got about boys I got from my own dad - "Let them chase you, until you catch them..." ;-)

    XO,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eagle Scout behavior? Shoot, I don't even qualify myself...

    ReplyDelete