Monday, March 16, 2009

Constant Cravings


Yep, I've been dying for some California rolls. For like THREE days now. And we're not talking the yucky, slimy kind that you get at the grocery store. I want the REAL thing from a reputable sushi restaurant. Thank goodness I have a date with a roll (and Abby for a Girls' Night Out) tomorrow night!



I have never even had a chocolate-covered cinnamon bear in my life. But I saw a picture and decided about a month ago I had to have some. Yes, that's right, I've been fighting this craving for over a month. That has to be some kind of pregnant woman record. I am hoping a certain brother that goes to BYU will take the hint and bring me some (I'm too lazy to go to Provo just for candy). Or are there other places where I can find them? Because I need to just give in and have some to get this irrational craving out of my system.



I know the picture says Season 2, but I'm craving 30 Rock season 3 episodes. We just discovered this delightful comedy and watched seasons 1 & 2. Now I want season 3. Hulu only has the last five episodes that have aired and I just gotta know how Jack manages to ditch his government job. Continuity is important to me. I'm trying to tough it out and wait for Netflix to put it on their "Watch Instantly" feature (sometime this summer?). But I don't know how I'm going to make it!

What are YOU craving? I'm highly suggestible and need more ideas :)

In other news, Chloe went on her very first field trip today. Even though I was super annoyed when I got the permission slip (they did it during morning kindergarten hours and stipulated that the afternoon kindergarteners could NOT ride buses to and from school--grr, don't they understand how hard it is for me to schlep three kids around in the mini-van when I'm trying not to puke in the mornings? That's WHY we're in afternoon kindergarten, thank you very much!), I tried to take solace in the fact that they didn't charge me a dime. The schlepping turned out not to be to bad. I had everybody fed and dressed early (I even did ponytails with ribbons that MATCHED THE OUTFITS--I was terribly proud of myself!) and managed not to vomit in my car. Although the irony that I drove past the site of the field trip to take Chloe to the school was not lost on me . . . Anyway, she had a great time petting sting rays and counting sea horses (they went to an aquarium). Aw, my baby's first field trip!

12 comments:

  1. I think you should've just taken Chloe to the fish restaurant and called that her "aquarium" field trip. You get sushi, she gets to look at fish. 2 birds, one stone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory has chocolate covered cinnamon bears. Also, the Chocolate Cottage (I think?) which is pretty close to your house has them to. 106th S 7th E!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kelly have I got news for you! The Walmart in Draper carries choc. covered cinnamon bears!!! Not so much the neighborhood market on 123rd (well, maybe they do, but I haven't had personal success there), but the one just south of the mall does! And they are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I, too, had never tried them (how did we go thru all of BYU w/out these little bits of heaven?!) but heard about them from a fellow Y alum. I vowed to try them out while in town over Christmas. I went all the way to Provo (okay, I had other things to do there too) only to find the bookstore was SOLD OUT! However, the cashier gave me the Walmart tip and sure enough, I found them there. I bought and consumed 2 boxes while in town!! They are as good as you think they're going to be. Better. Since I've been back I crave those more than Cafe Rio. And, sadly, they are nowhere to be found out here. :( Smith's may carry them too? (I think my mom found them there.) Look under the "Sweet's" candy name. Or order online:

    http://www.sweetcandy.com/index.php?content=subcategory&cat=chocolate&subcat=Chocolate

    Go, enjoy! You'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, ladies, thank you for your help! I am going to get some little bears ASAP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where are you going to eat sushi? I didn't know you liked sushi? All this time, you could have been eating sushi with me!

    Not a fan of the chocolate covered cinnamon bears. Although I do like both of those things. I'm scared of sticky, gummy things ever since I came to the realization that my teeth and gums are $20K waiting to happen.

    I love that you're watching 30 Rock. That show just gets better and better while The Office is starting to slip into a dormant state of okayness for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Laura Lee on the Office. Pam and Jim were a little more fun when they weren't together for some reason.

    You have got some funky cravings, lady! ;D

    And vomiting in the car isn't so bad. As long as you keep driving straight, don't try to pull over, and have someone who really loves you in the passenger seat to hand the bag to when you're done. Um- I hope you didn't read this in the morning.

    Double kudos on the coordinating tails. "Schlepping"- haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could go on and on about things I'm craving... just about every morning (and throughout the night) I think about how much I crave sleep and will NEVER take it for granted again. (though I'm sure I will in a year or so when this is hopefully a distant memory)

    I have been craving Cafe Rio since I got pregnant with Charlie and couldn't go to Utah to have any!! We're flying to SLC to drive to Yellowstone for Ben's family reunion in July, so I have major plans that include filling up a cooler with enough Cafe Rio to get me through the reunion. I'm salivating just thinking about it!

    Other foods that I crave... a really good salad - with all kinds of crunchy (and prob. not so healthy) toppings like wonton strips, croutons, tortilla strips, etc. along w/ craisins, almonds, and lots and lots of bacon.

    I crave cinnamon toast crunch and give in to the craving way too often.

    I crave sunshine after 5 months of gray Chicago winter days.

    And I crave the day that my tired headache will go away because it is with me ALL THE TIME.

    I am sorry you are still so sick. Have you tried the B6 and half of a unisom trick? It really seemed to help me (I would take it every night and slept SO well for a preggie). I miss my unisom days!

    Hooray for the first field trip and matching outfits!! I hope you took a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get to drive carpool in the mornings,,,and they usually turn out to be not as bad as one would think. No I don't look forward to doing it, but it gets me up earlier and out of my PJ's before 10:00. Glad things worked out for you & Chloe this morning! Nice job on the ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you've never had chocolate-covered cinnamon bears! They are pretty much my favorite treat EVER. The ones at the BYU Bookstore are the best, but I know I've found them in random grocery stores in Provo before too. I've never been able to find them here sadly :( Adam got creative and whipped up a homemade version for me once, DE-light. But I hope you find some quickly, and just know that once you try them you'll be addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Avacados. Watermelon. 7-layer burritos from Taco Bell. Red Meat. Couldn't get emough of these while I was pregnant. And it showed, 55 lbs later.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carter's comment kills me.

    California rolls are dee-vine. Wish someone would have clued me in to choc. covered cinnamon bears (CCCB) when I was an undergrad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Artichokes carries some really really good choco-cinn bears.

    ReplyDelete