Monday, March 7, 2011

A Castle: The Pefect Cure for the February Blues

 Please meet our new friend:



He lives here:


Yes, we stayed in a castle last weekend.  And what castle is complete without a suit of armor in your room, right?  It was the perfect escape and the lone bright spot in what turned out to be a pretty dismal February (which spilled over into the first week of March--I guess 28 just couldn't contain all the "fun").  Think ear infections (Sadie), a horrific tooth infection that required an emergency root canal (me), two terrible cases of the croup (Sadie and Tessa), two courses of antibiotics (Sadie and me), two courses of steroids (Sadie and Tessa), a rather painful biopsy (me, but don't worry, everything is fine), five different trips to the dentist with eleven shots of novocaine (me again), lots of sleepless nights (everybody), loads of appointments with doctors (basically me again, but Sadie and Tessa had a few too!), and a general sense of malaise (everybody again).  Yeah, not exactly the stuff dreams are made of.  That's what made the escape to the castle even sweeter!  A HUGE thank you to Becky, who stayed with the wee ones while we slept in peace for a single glorious night.

This is Carter digging our car out with a Red Box of The Social Network after our delicious breakfast! 
We also saw True Grit and ate at Epic It was quite the date night.

Afterward, Carter and I met up with my family for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory.  Yum!


My sweet grandparents hosted this treat from afar.  Throw in the Oscars on Sunday (Christian WON! As did my favorite movie of the year!) and a fantastic concert on Monday, and my February blues were cured.  Then I had to start going to the doctor again and they came back a little bit. But that's okay because I think this weekend may even top the castle.  I'm headed here to stay at Casa de Rose and watch my sis be a gorgeous bridesmaid.  And I'm going to sleep.  So much.

March, please be kinder to me than your pal February!

2 comments:

  1. Ah Phoenix. So many swimming pools. And you can actually use them in March!

    Yes, February is a tough month! I've always thought this! Glad you guys could get away. Looked wonderful, restful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All i have to say is thank heaven for health insurance at your house! Here's to a march filled without too much Durham Madness!

    ReplyDelete