Monday, March 7, 2011

Barbie's New Dream House

In these tough economic times, a Barbie's got to live where a Barbie's got to live:



I was very impressed with how quickly Sadie claimed our busted ceiling fan, which blew out the fuse in half our house when Carter tried to change a light bulb on Saturday morning.  He called his dad, who helped him take it down (THANK YOU, TOM!) and they put it in the family room while they reset everything.  Sadie was pleased that someone left her a new toy and before you knew it, the Barbies were moved into their new home. 

I'm fine with donating that monstrosity to the Barbies.  I'm so relieved we have an excuse to replace it now (I've only wanted it gone for four years now).  Tonight's FHE is a trip to Home Depot for a replacement.  Yeah, we know how to party.  And so do those Barbies.

6 comments:

  1. Tough times have 1/2 those dolls naked too. Life's rough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was little I would make Barbie houses out of the Styrofoam that protected new televisions, furniture and appliances in their boxes that came into the Durham home. All sorts of fun little grooves and compartments for the imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I obviously recognized that new Barbie House, and couldn't help wondering what a wild ride each doll would have if Carter and I reattached that monstrosity and pulled the chain!

    If Carter needs help wiring up that new fixture, I'm on call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for an excuse for a new ceiling fan that you like!! I love when stuff like that happens :) We tend to need a nudge to replace things in our house that work but aren't super beautiful. (Like our upstairs bathroom... I really hoped our plumbing fiasco a few weeks ago was going to translate into: we need to gut it and start fresh. But it was just badly clogged :)

    I love Sadie's creativity with the Barbies! And so sorry you've had such a crazy month and sleepless nights. I'm hoping the rest of March goes more smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. This is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete