See, now- if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have read that Nine Stories, and I wouldn't have thought that article was funny.
Those stories are still way over my head. Or way to the left of it. But I will say this about that book- some of his scenes come to mind more vividly in my recollection than novels I enjoyed.
He lived a nice, long life and he's definitely in a better place. As a fan, I'm very curious to see if anything gets published posthumously. And if it does, will it be Nine Stories awesome or Hapworth 16, 1924 impossible to read?
No- I never read it!! Awful of me. I never had to read Romeo and Juliet and a ton of other ones I should have tried by now. I'm easily distracted by profanity, but if you recommend it, I'll read it next. :)
Classic. Haha.
ReplyDeleteSee, now- if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have read that Nine Stories, and I wouldn't have thought that article was funny.
ReplyDeleteThose stories are still way over my head. Or way to the left of it. But I will say this about that book- some of his scenes come to mind more vividly in my recollection than novels I enjoyed.
Kelly, I am truly sorry for your loss.
Summer -- you didn't have to read Catcher in the Rye in high school?
ReplyDeleteAh, wonderfully appropriate for the man who created Holden.
ReplyDeleteHe lived a nice, long life and he's definitely in a better place. As a fan, I'm very curious to see if anything gets published posthumously. And if it does, will it be Nine Stories awesome or Hapworth 16, 1924 impossible to read?
ReplyDeleteI had a hunch if I checked back here... ;)
ReplyDeleteNo- I never read it!! Awful of me. I never had to read Romeo and Juliet and a ton of other ones I should have tried by now. I'm easily distracted by profanity, but if you recommend it, I'll read it next. :)