
These two gorgeous girls share a love of fashion. Piper, as you know from the blog, can really put an outfit together and loves nothing better than a "pretty dress." Katie, my sister, has one of the best wardrobes that I have ever seen in my life. I drool when look at her wardrobe and sorely miss the days when we lived in the same state. Two thousand miles has made it really hard to raid her closet. She's hands down the best shopping companion I've ever had (her 1-10 scale in the dressing room is unbeatable--I have been known to send her picture texts to get her expert feedback). Now that she lives in NYC, she's taken it to a new level. She was lucky little Piper's benefactress today.
Katie called me this weekend to get Piper's dress size. She said she was out shopping and had just spotted a dress that "called out to her." Sure enough, it was exactly the right size. When I opened the package that arrived in the mail today, I gasped and laughed at the same time. It was gorgeous! It was a designer label gown that is nicer/prettier than anything in my closet. Seriously, I doubt her prom dress will be this nice. Piper was thrilled beyond measure. I tried to capture her joy with my camera. The first picture was so blurry, but her face says it all--I just had to include it:
It makes me wish she had a fancy occasion to wear it to. Like preschool winter formal or the Oscars. Instead, Piper wore it to the family Uno game that was held this evening. Piper feels like there's a reason to dress up every day (just like Katie!). Something tells me she'll be wearing it everywhere she goes for a long time (and don't worry, I'm going to find her a fabulous little shrug to go with it!).
Wow- that really is so perfect for her! Gotta teach her some flap dancing and give her a long necklace. ;)
ReplyDeleteDarling! And that picture of the two of them is super cute.
ReplyDeleteI want that dress.
ReplyDelete"Like preschool winter formal or the Oscars."
ReplyDeleteMy favorite line in your blog in quite some time. Maybe ever.
Man. When I was her age I was wearing stupid dresses like sailor mock-ups or things with applique flowers on them
ReplyDeleteLucky Piper.
Love that dress!
ReplyDeleteKatie really does have the best wardrobe. I miss raiding her closet too :)