*Chloe drew an awfully good rendering of our family during Primary. I was particularly amused by Carter's gray hair. He asked her about it and she explained it was because somebody lost the black crayon out of the pack. Yeah, right!
*Piper had to give a talk today. Chloe said it was "the best talk" that she's ever heard. I missed it because I was in a special Relief Society meeting. But I'm taking Chloe's word for it. That girl doesn't give out many compliments. But my favorite thing to do with Piper today was the anecdote her primary teacher (who is well below average height) shared over the pulpit:
Primary Teacher: Why do we have families?
Piper: Because we're little and we need people to take care of us.
Primary Teacher: Yes, that's right. But I need a family, too. Why do I need a family?
Piper: I guess because you didn't grow tall enough.
*Sadie managed to make it through an ENTIRE Sacrament Meeting without having to be taken out once. MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT. Unprecedented. She came close a couple of times (a fight with Piper over the Sleeping Beauty paper dolls almost wrecked the whole thing), but she did it! I'm so proud!
*Technically this didn't happen at church. But I got a real kick out of the way Tessa has been sitting all day:
Say what you will about her size/pudge factor. The kid is LIMBER! (She sways back and forth while she does it, so it was hard to get a picture without blur. Her face wasn't as sad as this shot looks!) I haven't seen such great splits since Mary Lou Retton.
Happy Sunday/Super Bowl, everybody!
Each story cracked me up... what fun you have in your house.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun Sunday! Superbowl doesn't even compare. ;D
ReplyDeleteI'll vouch that Piper's talk was the best talk ever. I wrote it about an hour before church.
ReplyDeleteI'm cool with the gray hair.
Sadie SHOULD have been taken out a couple of times. It's not as much of an option these days as it has been in the past. Do you take one kid away, leaving the remaining parent behind with a 3-to-1 kid-to-parent ratio?! Pick your poison.
Tessa DID have to go out. But I just sat her down on the floor directly across from another foyer baby, and the two regarded each other curiously (and quietly) for the remainder of sacrament meeting.
I wish I could have heard Piper's talk.
ReplyDeleteI'm not surprised at Tessa's flexibility. After all, you did all that prenatal yoga -- half pigeon is bound to come naturally to her.
She wasn't too flexible coming out of the birth canal....
ReplyDeleteLoved your stories!! and Chloe's pic is beautiful. I love Sadie's splits too. :)
ReplyDeleteNow if we could only see Tessa in a little bikini or leotard doing that maneuver...
ReplyDelete