Friday, July 17, 2009

"Who Does She Look Like?"

One of the things you do a lot when you have a new baby (besides feed and change them and do their laundry) is try to figure out who the wee one looks like. Mommy or Daddy? Aunt Laura or Aunt Katie? A Rose? A Durham? I love to hear family and friends weigh in (and most people do right off the bat) because everybody seems to see something different. We've definitely been playing this game with Tessa. I think my brother nailed it when he identified the resemblance between newborn Tessa with the baby alien from Men in Black:





Uncanny, huh? But now that she's a little older, I'm trying to figure out which sister she takes after. The other day the girls and I looked through all our pictures (yeah, we're a little bored). It was fun to remember each baby. I thought I'd share (especially because I managed to find shots of each girl pretty much head on at nearly the same age).


Tessa


Chloe


Piper


Sadie

I think Tessa looks the most like Piper and the least like Sadie. Tessa and Piper have the same mouth. And it appears their eyes will end up being the same color. But one thing is for sure, Piper had a very different hairstyle. They kinda look like before and after pictures of The Hair Club for Babies:




Poor Piper and her male pattern baldness. Thank goodness that grew out! Anyway, feel free to dispute my claim. Or submit other possibilities. This game never gets old (for me, anyway).

3 comments:

  1. Wow- they all look so different from each other! Kind of fun that way I think- especially since they're all their own brand of cute.
    You picked a good shot to compare to the MIB baby- haha. Nice dark big wet eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She definitely resembles Piper, but that hair....who knows. Maybe it will be just like yours, Kelly, thick, lustrous brown hair.....

    Lucky Tessa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Summer. They all look so different, but they all have these big beautiful wide eyes. So cute.

    ReplyDelete