Sweet Sadie had a birthday today! A very peaceful, low-key birthday (we're planning on a bigger bash when everybody feels better and Mommy is way less pregnant--we'll celebrate both our May birthdays then). Piper and Chloe went in and sang "Happy Birthday" this morning when she woke up. Grandma Durham called from England right as the fun castle she sent arrived. (I don't know how she timed that!) It kept all three girls busy for hours:
This evening Chloe and Piper made some birthday crowns for Sadie and then helped me make cupcakes (Carter helped, too!):
She was very pleased. But not as pleased as I am that she was able to join our family two years ago. She makes me laugh every day. I can't help but giggle when she refers to her older sisters as "the guys." As in, "The guys are downstairs playin' right now!" or "I wanna get in the bath with the guys!" The little happy dance she does when we sing the family prayer song gets me every time. I even have to smile when she throws a fit if we try to sing anything besides "I Love to See the Temple" during FHE. But I'd have to say my favorite thing about Sadie are the hugs she gives. She runs up with a big smile, throws her arms around you, and squeezes as tight as she can. She is my little buddy (and often my shadow). I love her so!
Happy Birthday, kiddo!
Happy Birthday sweet girl! You do have the best hugs and one of my favorite smiles!
ReplyDeletehappy happy birthday Sadie! I love that we have kids so close in age - and will soon have another set so close too! you are so close kelly!!
ReplyDeleteI also love how she calls paper towels "wiper-towels", how she says "rojo" and "amarillo" instead of "red" and "yellow" (thanks, Dora), her coy looks, her compound sentences, and her "yeah!"s when answering in the affirmative.
ReplyDeleteWeee-who!! Happy Birthday little Sadie!
ReplyDeleteSadie really a "cool" kid. I'm sorry we weren't there to celebrate. But I bet having a low key party was perfect for EVERYONE right now...
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Sadie, Love Aunt Lisa, Uncle Josh and Cousin Jack
Happy Birthday Sadie! What a sweet, smart girl!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BELATED B-DAY, SADIE! I love you!! What a sweet "guy" she is!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mimi-ling