Sunday, May 24, 2009

Busy

It's been a while since I've written. I've been pretty busy this last week and a half. Besides laundry and nursing around the clock, here's what I've been up to:

*Falling in Love


She's sweet and cute and no longer kicking me in the ribs (or making me nauseous, giving me heartburn, etc). So yeah, it's been pretty easy to fall completely in love with Tessa.

*Being Shocked


I think my face looked just like Kris Allen's when Ryan announced the winner this week. I thought that Adam Lambert being crowned the next American Idol was a foregone conclusion. Honestly, at first I thought it was a joke (albeit a cruel one) because I was so sure it was Adam. I was pleased with the final two (because they were MY top two) and was just glad Gokey was out. But for Kris to actually win? Amazing. The last time my favorite contestant won American Idol was when Kelly did back in season 1.

*Rating My Pain

Despite being baby #4, Tessa's delivery was the most difficult. I don't want to get too graphic (call or email me if you need all the gory details), but let's just say a forcep assisted delivery was the last thing I expected. Well, maybe the broken tailbone that said forcep assisted delivery caused was the last thing I expected. Either way, the last week and a half hasn't exactly been pain-free. Still, I'm very thankful my doctor was able to deliver Tessa without the C-section that I was minutes away from getting! Anyway, I've had to watch this Brian Regan clip like 20 times (even though laughing at it increased my pain level by at least two full increments). That takes a lot of time.

9 comments:

  1. They had a "rating" system at PRimary's, that was a line of REALLY happy faces, to sad faces, to a kid crying. And they ask me "Where would you like Jack to sit on this scale?"

    I'm like, "seriously? does ANYONE choose the kid in tears???"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that clip- I think that's about my tenth time through- still laughing just as hard.

    I'm so sorry about your tailbone!!! Totally unexpected on your fourth, I bet. :(

    She sure is cute for a tailbone breaking, rib-kicking little stinker. ;D Congratulations!!! And good luck with this next part... if there were virtual laundry, yours would be DONE ala blogfriends, chica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly,

    Yeah for Kris! Yeah for you! and a giant awhhh for Tessa. Congrats on your new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kelly! Tailbone breaking is rough. Tessa is a darling baby - good thing these babies make the recovery all worth it (I'm finally starting to be sort of back to normal, 4 months later - not fun). I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just think of all the mileage you'll get from the broken tailbone story down the line...

    "If I can endure a broken tailbone while delivering you, you can certainly eat those few measily vegetables left on your plate, young lady!"

    Love you, and we've all fallen in love with Tessa, too!

    XO,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to see you back to blogging....I hope you are doing it from your bed though! I can't imagine a broken tailbone!! Tessa had to leave her mark somehow....at least it seems that every baby does. Call me this week!! Or email a schedule that would be helpful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your video is awesome!

    Hope youre not in to much pain to enjoy your new little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still sad that I didn't see this clip BEFORE I went into the hospital. I had to rate my pain tons there and I would have loved to have said, "Four stars! Two thumbs up!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are ON the ball. I haven't blogged for over a month and I don't have an excuse for not writing.
    Cute baby!
    Great family!

    ReplyDelete