Monday, December 29, 2008

It's A . . .




Baby Girl!!!! Yes, we know now (without a doubt) that we will be welcoming another little girl into our family this May.

Poor Carter. So many girls! I'm relieved I'm not married to Henry VIII right now. I'd be in serious trouble over my inability to produce a male heir. Carter was expecting it and is actually really excited. I'm relieved I don't have to come up with a new name for the blog or bother with trying to "de-pink" the nursery. If there was ever a house that was prepared to add a baby girl, I'd have to say it'd be this one!

Chloe, who was desperate for a brother, is taking the news pretty well. She decided we could maybe put a blue hair bow and maybe use a blue shirt for the baby. Maybe she's just tired of pink? She got to come watch the ultrasound and was mesmerized by the images of the baby in mommy's tummy, so I think that helped temper her disappointment.

I am thankful I made it through that harrowing ultrasound (let's just say I had to drink A LOT of water and it didn't go down--or stay down-- very well) and that the baby looks great. I can't wait to meet her!

So, for those of you who voted girl, pat yourself on the back. You were right!

6 comments:

  1. Holy Smack! I did vote for a girl....but wow! I can't believe it! Your wish came true Kelly. Long live the pink in the Durham home. Congrats on the healthy baby girl! I am always relieved a bit after ultrasounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carter's used to it. He'll be fine. Well, I guess it's up to me to give Jack a boy cousin, you are solid pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. Just think of all the money you'll save on prom dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it would be a boy...
    I guess just because of odds, you know! And Carter can congratulate himself for building up his own estrogen ridden home. Just remind him of that when the girls are entering the PMS years. Congratulations! You guys must have some seriously awesome girl-raising powers to be sent 4 of them. He knows where they need to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I just got your email and had to stop over and check the blog for the results. CONGRATS! Who will carry on the Durham name?? At least we have plenty of darlings to carry on the DIVA name! Thank heaven for little girls -- clearly, you're doing an EXCELLENT job w/ them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That is so exciting! Girl clothes are so much cuter anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete