*Edible Arrangements: I always thought these were a nifty idea. But then I actually GOT one for Christmas (from my favorite aunt :) Then I discovered that they were delicious, too. And I've never seen the kids so interested in fruit! This is definitely my very favorite treat th
*A New Window: Carter's siblings chipped in and gave us one for Christmas. I guess they noticed the plastic we were using to keep out the drafts and thought they'd get us something we could really use. It gets installed Monday and I can't wait!
*Iron Chef America: I cannot stop watching this show. I have this fantasy where I'm the judge and I get to try all the yummy offerings the culinary geniuses on this show create during the battle. I think I love it so much because I'm always starving these days and I'm getting pretty sick of ham sandwiches. The thought of eating truffles and quail eggs (possibly in the same dish) seems pretty exciting . . . I love battles with Chef Flay or Batali and when the secret ingredient is REALLY weird.
*Diva Reunions: Whenever I get the chance to go to lunch with any of my dear Divas (friends from my dorm fresh
*Pedicures: For this pregnant lady, getting your feet rubbed and pampered (especially if it happens to be while I'm relaxing in a massage chair) is pure bliss. I don't get them often (no more than once or twice a year), but last week when my sister was in town we splurged! Heavenly!
*Valkyrie: For some reason, I LOVED this movie. I certainly wasn't expecting to. I'm sure it's entirely to do with Kenneth Branagh and Bill Nighy because I just adore them. Or maybe it was the cool story. Or perhaps it's because last night was the first time since July I'd been to a movie in the theaters. Probably all of the above. But I loved it, eye patch and all!
*Christmas Cards: This one may actually be in the song. But can I just say what a treat it is to go to the mailbox and find something besides bills and junk mail? For a whole month this has gone on (we got some stragglers this weekend). Fabulous!
What are YOUR favorite things this month?
Things we need to discuss:
ReplyDelete*A "My Favorite Things" Party
*Mama Mia!
:)
1. Random, out of the blue emails from friends telling me how much they appreciate me. I only got one, but one goes a long way.
ReplyDelete2. Long conversations with friends about important things.
3. Gingerbread pudding cake.
4. Being inside and cozy warm when it is a blizzardy mess outside, knowing I don't have to be anywhere.
Laura, you omitted the obligatory exclamation mark in the Gingerbread pudding cake! item. I also must list that as a favorite thing. Laura made some for Christmas Eve. Yum...
ReplyDeleteI recommend clicking on that fruit basket picture to get the full hi-res effect...
That fruit actually made my mouth water a little.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite thing this month was stealing time to escape reality- even if it was to read the Twilight series. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and enjoyed the parts that didn't make me shake my head and gag. It was great!
I really liked Valkyrie too. I think it was an important movie to see.
ReplyDelete1. Mariokart on Wii. I'm an addict (good thing the Wii is my brother's and he's only letting me borrow it).
2. A warm bath on a cold winter night
3. A child asleep on my lap.
4. All three children happy in primary and nursery while I get to attend all my church meetings!
5. Good friends who overlook my tendency to be somewhat molly-ish about good literature :)
i've said it once and i'll say it again-- people falling while holding umbrellas
ReplyDelete