
In about 2o minutes, I get to go in and watch my very favorite TV show: LOST. I had to wait eight long months for the new season to get going last week. And from the looks of things, it's going to be GREAT. Hello, they introduced time travel!!! How much do I love time travel? So much! I can't wait to get scoops on the Freighter Folk (I'm loving Faraday) and figure out how the Oceanic Six will get back to the island. I just hope tonight's viewing goes better than last week's. Even though I was so excited that it was starting up again, I decided to wait and watch it with Carter who was out of town. We both fell asleep early when we tried to watch it Saturday night, so we tried to watch it the next afternoon. But that viewing was not ideal because having toddlers walk in every six minutes to ask for drinks or tattle on their sister was not the ideal way to watch this clue-laden show. I just couldn't wait a minute longer! Believe me, I learned my lesson and I'm putting the kids to bed early tonight. I just hope I can stay awake! (Yes, that's an old picture. But I miss Charlie almost as much as I miss Mr. Echo. RIP, you two!).

Because I have a DVR, I'm also checking out a new show Wednesday evenings called Lie To Me. It stars my good buddy, Tim Roth. I don't actually know Tim personally, per se, but we were both in the Pasadena Houston's waiting area for what seemed like an eternity one night in 2004. You may wonder how I recognized him, seeing how his biggest grossing movie to date at the time had him in full-on ape make-up. Trust me, after being forced to watch the 500 hour Heart of Darkness adaptation he starred in while I was in college, his face was burned into my brain. I knew him right away (I checked later on the internet to be sure I was right, and yep, the same blond wife and sons that were with him in the restaurant were photographed with the Googled Tim Roth at a movie premiere). The hostess didn't recognize him, though, because he had to wait as long as I did for a table (or maybe she wasn't a Heart of Darkness fan, either). Since he was my only celebrity sighting in two and a half years of living in LA and since we obviously have a Houston's spinach and artichoke dip bond, I forgave him for HOD. Now I'm giving his new show a try. With the tips I learn, I'm so going to bust people that lie to my face by observing lip twitches and eye movement. This will make life difficult for people who look me in the face and say they didn't dump out an entire box of cereal on the floor WHEN THEY TOTALLY DID (you know who you are). Also, I'm hoping a prime time show on a major network will mean Tim won't have to wait around so long to get a table at Houston's any more. Nobody should have to wait 45 minutes for spinach and artichoke dip.
So who do you love, Jack or Sawyer? Or maybe Tim Roth?
SAWYER!!!! oh, yeah... no doubt!
ReplyDeleteI'm still a Jack girl. I must have a weakness for tortured souls. No good, Laura...no good.
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of this Lie to Me show. Let me know how you like it.
I forgive you for falling asleep during the first two hours of Lost, I did too. I was in and out. It was awful. I was exhausted.
Last night's episode was great though, don't you think?
Laura, it was a FANTASTIC episode. I'm so excited, yet so confused :) But that's LOST at it's best, no?
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm really liking Lie to Me. I've only seen two episodes, but I think I'm hooked. You should check out an episode on the internet. It's kinda like House meets Law and Order or some other procedural like that. Not only am I entertained, I learn something every episode. Like last night, I learned there's a link between arson and rape (both are assertions of power). And I'm so on the look out for lip and hand shrugs now! (Obviously I'm counting on the fact the writers aren't making all this stuff up.)
I just watched it again today to make sure... I didn't think it was that great! Did I miss something, or am I just expecting too much? I think I just don't care enough about the red-head cause I thought she was a snot when they introduced her. EPIPHANY! Jack and Kate. I care about them the most and they weren't in this episode. Okay- I'm all clear.
ReplyDeleteI'm like Kate. I'm torn between Jack and Sawyer, but really my true love was Charlie. I bawled and bawled after his demise. Really, it wasn't pretty. After watching last night I need to know more about Richard. He freaks me out.
ReplyDeleteMelissa, didn't you love how Desmond and Penny named their son Charlie? I almost cried!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping Jack and Kate end up together myself.
ReplyDeleteKelly!
ReplyDeleteLong time no talk to...I've been absent on the blog scene. John and I are Lost ADDICTS as well! The newest episodes are great and I'm excited to see what goes on...and yes: JACK is our favorite (although Sawyer cracks me up). On ABC's website they have a Sawyer "nick name" generator...supposedly Sawyer's name for me would be "Little Red Riding Hood". :-)