Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Scheduler

I feel like I have done some MAJOR scheduling this week. These are some things I added to my calendar in just the past seven days:

*Memorial Day Plans for 2010
*Various Doctors appointments (including ENT and OB this month and next)
*Testing for Chloe (For ALPS in January)
*Surgery for Sadie (Tube Time this Friday! WooHoo!)
*Lunch with Girlfriends (in two weeks)
*Ultrasound (the big one, my friends, comes December 29th)

For a person who struggles to fit a shower in each day, getting all these dates set gave me a real sense of accomplishment. These are all definitely things I need to do. Some of them will be fun. Some will not. But at least I know what's coming in the months (and even years, when it comes to the 2010 David John Diva reunion) ahead, right? But when you add these items to the Christmas events already penciled in (about fifteen service projects, bridal showers, parties, receptions, and such), there's hardly any space left to write anything on my calendar. And hardly any strength left to actually go to them. December is certainly shaping up to be one CRAZY month. I hope I have the fortitude to get through it.

What about you? How do you survive the hectic holiday schedule? And how do you coordinate schedules with your family? This busy mama could use some ideas!

2 comments:

  1. 1. What memorial day plans in 2010?

    2. What in the world is ALPS and how do you test for it?

    3. Can I come to the ultrasound :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Answers:

    1. I'm helping to plan a reunion for my college friends (close to 20 of us that lived on the same floor freshman year and have kept in touch ever since). We had one in 2006. Everybody flies in and we party for the whole weekend. It's fabulous!

    2. ALPS is Accelerated Learning Program for Students. It's a program that goes a little faster than an average elementary school does. Chloe's teacher recommended it. I'm not sure how they'll test Chloe, but older kids have to take standardized tests and such. Again, I don't know what they'll do for kindergarteners. All I know is that I have to take her to an elementary school in Cottonwood Heights on January 10th and 17th.

    3. I'll check the visitor policy :) And be forewarned, it's SUPER early in the morning!

    ReplyDelete