Thursday, July 17, 2008

Signs

When Chloe feels like she isn't getting her message across, she makes and hangs a sign for my benefit. For example, I found this taped to the bathroom door today after we had an argument about her taking a shower:


The sign clearly illustrates that this bathroom can be used to brush one's teeth or use the potty, but NOT for showering. (Click on this puppy for a better view . . . you don't want to miss a single detail!)

Then I remembered some other good ones she has made for me in the past:


I can't remember what I did to deserve this sign. But I think she wanted me to stop yelling at her.



This one appeared after a confrontation about having some treats after dinner. Apparently I talked back to her and this sign advises me against that particular behavior.



I discovered this one hanging in the kitchen after Chloe found out broccoli was on the dinner menu that night. It encourages me to serve apples instead.



This one is my absolute, all-time favorite. I was really sick when she made this for me. I keep it in the drawer by my bed and look at it frequently because this is a message that I seem to have trouble remembering.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is the funniest thing! What a fun personality she has :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chloe is a gal who knows how to get her point across visually, verbally and via the written word. She's defitely going to be a filmmaker, if she decides not to become a great food critic.

    XO,
    Mimi

    P.S. I may have to download a copy of that last one for MY nightstand drawer... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant child. Seriously brilliant child!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those signs are the best!! She is so good about communicating her feelings at a young age. That last sign is the sweetest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chloe likes to communicate in petroglyphs too, apparently.

    If she decides to experiment with oils or acrylics, let me know and we'll enter her into this year's Painting & Sculpture competition.

    Or maybe we can just use that pinata she made on Monday. That smiley face was pretty clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kids are so subtle, eh? I laughed out loud at the broccoli picture. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am LOVING the signs. Remember how you feel Hallmark is a conspiracy? Looks like your own flesh and blood could be working for the other side one of these days! I especially love the "it will be okay" sign--maybe you could have her make me one?

    ReplyDelete