And she's not even using them correctly. (Obviously!)Today was my first full day of intensive potty training with Piper. I got so traumatized by training Chloe (aka Iron Will) that I have put this off for as long as I possibly could. And now I'm remembering WHY I was so traumatized. Let's just say things are not going well. And Piper is begging me to let her wear diapers. I am SO close to just letting her. Let's hope MY iron will kicks in soon!
You can do it! You can do it! You can do it! I mean, whatever you wish to do, whether it be continuing onward or giving her a dang diaper.... I have faith in you!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kiley! I have decided to dial it back a notch and let her go ahead and wear pull-ups for a little while. Honestly, it's just not clicking. I give her tons to drink, make her sit on the potty every so often. She'll sit for 10-15 minutes and nothing happens. Two minutes later, an accident! This method worked like a charm for Chloe, but it just isn't for Piper. So yeah, we're just going to back off a bit and let her go at her own pace. But again, thanks for the moral support!
ReplyDeleteI think you're smart to take a break and try again later. It's totally not worth your mental/emotional energy to do one-sided potty training (if Piper isn't on board). I potty trained the little boy that I nannied for when he was 3+ and once he was ready, it happened pretty fast. We had tried a few times before and had zero success. Besides, diapers are so convenient sometimes... :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I have no idea what else to say...
ReplyDelete