She loved the beach. Especially the sound of the crashing waves.
She loved hanging out with Aunt Katie, Grandma, and PeePaw.
As you can see from the stain on her shirt, she loved taking bites of Mommy's Mango Raspberry Hawaiian Shaved Ice. (Snowcapped, of course, meaning drizzled with sweeten condensed milk. YUM!)
She loved going for multiple walks every day in this sweet jogging stroller Grandma's nice friend lent us. How have I gone this long without ever trying one of these puppies? We all LOVED how easy it was to push and the smooth ride Tessa had. I'm going to have to ask Santa for one :)
I'll be honest. She didn't love the pool all that much. The water was a little cold. And by "a little cold" I mean positively ARCTIC. Katie and I would dare each other to go in and lose our breath in the frigid waters. So yeah, Tessa wasn't a fan. But she sure looked cute BY the pool.
She loved looking at all the new plants and animals (more on that later).
She loved practicing the skill she is trying to master: rolling over. Yeah, she's seven months and can't quite do it yet. Mommy doesn't mind because it has rendered her immobile (and the pediatrician chalks it up to kind of a big belly and not any developmental problems).
Huh, she also must have loved sticking out her tongue because that's what she's doing in more than half of these shots. Anyway, I saved her very favorite thing for last. Her preferred way to enjoy the water was when Grandma gave her sink baths. She loved trying to lick the water droplets coming out of the faucet. It was simply adorable.
Yes, Tessa enjoyed life on the island very much. But, of course, her temperament is such that she's loving life back at home. She really missed her funny sisters. Wish I were doing half as well readjusting . . .
OH she is just darling. We must go to Hawaii one of these days together- perhaps we can convince your parents to let us use their condo, then convince MY parents to take all of our kids, and we go on a double date to Hawaii.
ReplyDeleteYes. Plausible.
Your parents have a condo in Hawaii?? Oh Kelly, I would be going every year if I were you. I'm so glad you got a great getaway and break from life. Good luck adjusting back to normalcy again! Cute pictures - and I am extremely jealous of your immobile baby. Life is much easier when they just lay there and play with toys!
ReplyDeleteLook at that belly in the first picture!!! Oh Tessa you are a cutie-pie. And besides the belly to stop her, she probably gets carried EVERYWHERE by her sisters, so why would she need to be independently mobile?
ReplyDeleteAlso, I've got one of those jogging strollers (the BOB), and LOVE IT. I made Nate drop the cash after I flipped Sinjin's stroller on a 1/4" crack in the sidewalk (he was strapped in, so not hurt, just mad). Make sure to get one with a swivel front wheel.
The sink bath/faucet drinking is Sinjin's favorite way to end a day too :)
I second the storller thing. My BumbleRide is one of the best things I've ever bought. Let me know if you want to borrow it- being that you've had your LAST child, I can only assume it'd be hard to buy another stroller..
ReplyDelete