This week was Parent/Teacher conferences at school. I didn't storm into the principal's office or withdraw my child from public school in favor of a private one after my appointment. I did consider doing both, though. I'll just say it didn't go very well and leave it at that.
But my experience made me think of my very favorite Parent/Teacher Conference ever captured on film. Thanks to Carter (who edited the clip down for me), I'm able to share it with you. Happy Parent/Teacher Conferences, everybody!
What movie was that from? It seemed a little too real life-y for Steve Martin.
ReplyDeleteIt's Parenthood. It's a must see for parents :)
ReplyDeleteKelly!! I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Hopefully the weekend will help you forget all about it.
ReplyDeleteKelly, try this clip out. You've probably seen it. It's a bit over the top but so very funny. Michael had written a story called "The Angry Family." I just hope that Tom and I aren't the Frank and Marie Barone in your life!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp4u3zHabJg
did you smoke grass........cause maybe she'd be a little calmer if you had :)
ReplyDeleteKelly, I have to say, that if someone can manage to get straight A's, and STILL have time to to bother the teacher with something-- she has got alot going for her.
MY RETAINER!!!!!!!!!!
"'Here, you take him . . . I shot someone . . . I have to leave the country.' That's parenting??"
ReplyDelete"Gary, your sister is moving out.."
ReplyDelete"Great."
"See, you UPSET YOUR BROTHER!"
"Friends? Friends slow down, they even stop."
ReplyDeleteI have my so-called Parent/Teacher conferences today, except here they are called SEPs. The student has to be there, Kevin thinks it is to serve as a buffer between the parent and teacher so that the parent can't yell or scream at the teacher for not knowing their child! Here is what appeared on Lauren's report card, written as a personal note about Lauren:
ReplyDelete"Your child is off to a great start in third grade! We are so happy they are in our class!"
Okay, the first problem with this is the teachers (she has two who split the day) don't even use her name. Secondly, do you see a problem with the grammar? How many children do I have in this class - just one! Thirdly, Lauren isn't off to a great start - she is struggling with reading and math, just a couple of essential subjects.
Sorry - I'm a little frazzled about all of this. But thanks for the clip from "Parenthood" - my all time favorite movie. And I'm sorry you had a rough go too. Good luck with everything.
Yeah, we're SEPs, too. And Kevin is COMPLETELY right. I would have acted much differently had Chloe not been sitting right there with me :) I'm not playing their little game next time!
ReplyDeleteMonica, glad we're not alone in our frazzled states. Gil and Karen are right there with us!