We had a pretty pumpkin (she arranged the pumpkins around her for this shot so she'd look like she was in a pumpkin patch--Chloe is really funny!):
A cute little cheerleader (costume courtesy of Aunt Katie in New York):
We also had Peter Pan. Sadie is obsessed with that movie and that's what she wanted to be this year. NOT Tinkerbell. Or even Wendy. Peter. My mom sent her the costume. Unfortunately, Peter was a little out of sorts this evening:
And finally, we had the Polar Bear from LOST:
Tessa was originally going to be a cow, but I managed to misplace that costume after Trunk or Treat. It was a little cold, so I just pulled out her snowsuit. Sometimes you have to improvise.
Then we tried to take group shots.
Trick or Treating was interesting. Our kids are terrified of dogs. And I think everyone in the neighborhood has a dog. You should have heard the bloodcurdling screams when one escaped its yard and ran down the street. Peter never quite recovered from whatever was upsetting him while he was getting dressed, so I dragged him home after half a block (the Polar Bear came too). It's tough to rally when everybody thinks you're Robin Hood (seriously, four people asked me if that's what Sadie was). Oh, how I could have used Tinkerbell and some of her fairy dust tonight. But after a sucker and some rest, he perked up:
Is it really November?
Those are some impressive French braids. I can't imagine how it must have been outfitting 4 little girls! Looks like everyone was happy though.
ReplyDeleteOhhhh that's exactly how it would have gone down at our house if we had one more- irrational dog fears and all. I LOVE the pictures- haha! One "normal" and the rest... interactive candids. They are so cute with each other. Well, you made it. At least for Thanksgiving all they have to do is eat. ;D
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like fun, to be honest. Organized chaos.
ReplyDeleteYou know, Jill was Captain Hook.
She and Sadie could've had it out.
So cute and all sugared up!
ReplyDeleteI found the cow costume hidden in a pile of towels a week later. People literally work against me at every turn. Oh, well.
ReplyDelete