Chloe decided to give Reflections (a PTA sponsored art contest) another shot this year. The theme was "Beauty is . . ." Chloe used pastels to create this drawing entitled "Under the Sea." She won honorable mention in the visual arts category and was presented with a lovely ribbon/certificate combo at an assembly in front of the whole school today. This was the shot I managed to get of the important occasion:
Try not to be jealous of my awesome photography skills. Seriously, I should be fired as a mother if that's the best I can do. In my defense, they had two lights on in the gym (uh, because it's easier to appreciate elementary school artwork in the dark?), parents were relegated to sit behind the entire student body, and Chloe stood up and sat down faster than the speed of light. Also, I was wrestling a couple of other children. But still. Pathetic. So we took this picture when she got home today:
Way to go, Chloe! And thank goodness I have a few years to iron out the photography kinks before your high school graduation.
That's awesome Chloe! You've always been a little artist. Now it's time to be recognized for it! :)
ReplyDeletevery impressive! congratulations. perhaps I should have Chloe be in charge of the placecards at the childrens' table for Thanksgiving???????? (samantha is busy with the adult table....taylor is coming, correct?
ReplyDeletenice job!
ReplyDeleteChloe's artwork is beautiful!! Way to go and congrats on the award. She is so talented!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! My sister kept winning those things and I was so jealous. Now it turns out she really is the genius of the family, so I don't feel so bad. ;D
ReplyDeleteIf you send me that crappy shot and I'll see what happens when I mess with it.
Oh good you are reading the O'henry Stories. I will have to read some (not all—because that's not how I roll) and we can discuss how all the ones you like I don't and vice versa.
ReplyDelete