Friday, November 20, 2009

Six Month Celebration


We celebrated six months of Tessa last Friday by heading to Ikea to pick up a new high chair. Yup, it's time to start solids! Yipee!


I know it seems strange to buy a new high chair on the fourth kid, but I could not face our old one again:


Not only does it take up half the kitchen, it is IMPOSSIBLE to clean. Fabric seat covers and high chairs really don't mix.


Chloe's face kind of sums up my feelings about this old chair. So when my good friend gushed about her $26 (including tax!) Ikea chair, I went for it. Much easier to clean, much smaller, much more Scandinavian (to go with the style of our dining table). Tessa seems to like it:


Gotta love the Alfalfa hairstyle she was sporting that night!



She's so sweet! Honestly, part of me wishes I could freeze her in this cute baby stage forever. But it is so fun to see her little personality coming out. We've all really fallen for her over the past six months!

As for Ikea, I don't know that we'll be back there any time soon. We had a run-in with the escalator. I wish a film crew had been following us because I swear we'd be a YouTube hit right now with "Little Girls Falling and Screaming at Ikea!" Chloe approached the steps of doom first and pulled an Elf (where she put one foot on a step and was soon performing the splits). Piper jumped on before I could stop her and then proceeded to fall off step after step until she toppled over and released the loudest scream I have ever heard in my entire life. The whole store stopped what they were doing and stared. I managed to heft them both up at the same time and get them to the second floor. Thankfully the scars are just psychological and nobody lost any blood. But it was a close call. Frozen yogurt cones helped a lot, but again, I don't think we can show our faces there for at least a year.

Anyway, we love Tessa (even if buying her high chair nearly killed us)!

7 comments:

  1. Yay for the new high chair. You will LOVE it. Promise. I dare you to take it to Thanksgiving dinner (assuming you're going somewhere, not hosting)... you'll be amazed at how well it travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha!!! We played that exact escalator scene at a Barnes and Noble. Ohhhhh the snobby humanity.

    Love the high chair. And the face Tessa is making in that last picture.. "so what if it almost killed you! I'm worth it- just look at me!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed that if you click on that last picture of Tessa, you can see that her eyes are different colors. See for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last picture of Tessa kills me. Too cute. I only hope my kids will be this cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the play-by-play of IKEA. I have to avoid that store at all costs lately. I think I'd rather have my toenails pulled off one by one rather than take my small children there...Yikes.
    Tessa is SO cute! You just want to squeeze her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my gosh Kelly, your Ikea story had me laughing so hard. Charlie's napping, so I was really trying to hold it in, but couldn't. I can also imagine your horror as all of that was happening. IKEA is a crazy place. Congrats on the new high chair though! I like that the 4th child gets something new every once in a while. And I agree, fabric high chairs should be banned. It's hard enough keeping the plastic ones clean, let alone fabric.

    Tessa is darling. I love her hair!! And her expression in that last photo is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Can you tell I'm catching up on your blog? Oh also this is Gwendolyn, accidentally signed in under Nate's account.)
    We got that high chair too, thanks to Wendy! We're lovin' it. Tessa is adorable, what a great one to finish on ;)

    ReplyDelete