As you probably guessed from the title, Chloe did quite well with her Reflections entry:

On Monday night we got to go to a special awards ceremony where she received her trophy. She was pretty thrilled!

You can't see her face in this picture, but she did the BIGGEST smile for the camera person who was taking pictures for the school. The entire audience cracked up at her enthusiasm.
We headed out for ice cream afterwards to celebrate (and for Carter to experiment with interesting camera angles). Everyone wanted strawberry for some reason.


Now comes the part you've been waiting for. Here's Donnie! Be sure to click on the photo if you can't make out what his shirt says! He REALLY did wear it. I didn't make that up.
Lynne sent me her pictures yesterday. I shall never make the mistake of following the rules that are clearly printed on the ticket EVER again. Because they really don't mean it.
And now for the question of school picture retakes. In case you missed the results of the poll, the vote was overwhelmingly in support of keeping this picture. So we're skipping retakes. It just makes life easier. Fingers crossed the one they take in the spring knocks our socks off. But as of right now, this is the official kindergarten portrait:

And for our final item of housekeeping, there is a certain birthday boy at our house today:

The fact that I said "boy" took all the mystery out of that one. There's only one of those here. Carter was born 33 years ago today. I'm glad that he was. And that he's MUCH older than I am. Happy birthday!
So is that it? Did I leave any questions unanswered? Because you deserve a good night's sleep!
Congratulations to Chloe! Wow, a trophy! I don't think I ever got one of those for anything. What a talented little girl.
ReplyDeleteNice New Kids shots.
How much do I love tying up loose ends? Almost as much as I love that Chloe won.
ReplyDeleteAnd Happy Birthday Carter. Classic Carter look in that picture.
So that's what it was! I knew I was having trouble sleeping at night. And here I was thinking it was because of a sick baby. Well, thanks, I'm sure she's glad I have someone from a different state to blame instead. ;D
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Chloe!!!
She's already got an impressive resume going- better watch this one.
Yay for Chloe! Kelly, for Carter's B-day you should wear a shirt that says I heart Mormon boy. That, or Carter: He's my "Eye of the Tiger." Happy birthday to him.
ReplyDeleteChloe and I can show eachother our trophies. The ones I won, honestly, and will all my own efforts.
ReplyDeleteSheesh.
As always, your post made me smile! Congrats to Chloe and thanks for tying up those loose ends :)
ReplyDelete