Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Viva Chris Martin's Spazzy Dancing!

It happened on Saturday. After waiting for almost six months, I got to see THE BEST SONG EVER* performed live by Coldplay at Energy Solutions Arena. Honestly, I was a little nervous because I'd seen Chris perform it live on the Today Show and Saturday Night Live. And he struggled. But on MY night, it was amazing. It was so loud and good. I could feel the reverberation of the bass in my chest. Perfect!

This picture is totally off the internet. But I wanted you to see him!


This one is legit, from my camera in my seat. I learned from my New Kids on the Block mistake and brought a camera even though they were forbidden.

Chris at the piano.

Carter doesn't like Coldplay enough to fork out dough to see them. So I went with a bunch of friends (here I am sitting with Charles and his fiance, Claudia. Viva the third wheel!).

So yeah, Viva La Vida was obviously my favorite song of the night. I was pumped (and pleasantly surprised) that they played my second favorite, Politik. Chloe used to rock out to that one when she was a baby and ever since then I've been exceedingly fond of it. They served it up with strobe lights that almost sent me into a seizure it was so good! They also played my other favorites like Clocks, Yellow, Fix You, and The Scientist. I kept hoping they'd play Viva La Vida again, though. And they kind of did (an arrangement was featured while the band traveled back to the stage after doing a few numbers in the audience). And Chris Martin's crazy dance style kept me entertained during the songs that weren't my favorite.

Anyway, it was a great night! Viva Coldplay!

*Viva La Vida has been declared by me as the best song ever.

9 comments:

  1. You've obviously never heard "Eye of the Tiger". Survivor would be a little offended that you incorrectly gave the Best Song Ever title to a different song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love Viva la Vida? I remember taking Jack to the park and the song was on the radio. I looked in the rear view mirror and he was singing along.

    That is so great. Kelly, that's two concerts in one month! You're the hippest mother of three I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the second diva to go see Coldplay in concert!! I'm so jealous :) I also was not impressed w/ Coldplay's SNL performance, so I'm glad the band was great at your concert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you. I would have been there if we weren't going to be digging ourselves out of a cruise we spent more on than we thought we would. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- that looks so fun!! You're such a party gal- ;D

    Viva la third wheel- haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky girl- going to so many concerts! Thanks for the pic of Charles fiance! The one he showed me was of her when she was like 2 years old. I was confused, but now I see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am jealous. What a great time. I have a movie for you to put in your NetFlix queue. You may have already seen it but if you haven't, as a lover of Cold Play and many things musical you've got to check out Young at Heart. It's a documentary about a group of seniors who sing songs like "Fix You", "Road to Nowhere" and many others. It is funny, poignant, and delightfully engaging. It might not be out yet, but it's worth a look. (I'm trying to think of a witty remark for Carter, but nothing is coming to me other than to agree. Viva la Vida is good but "Eye of the Tiger" is legend.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I'm jealous of you! I love Cold Play. Sorry Carter isn't a fan, but I guess that meant you got another night out without the kids and a free babysitter! I too love the spazzy dancing, it reminds me of my Chris hehe (don't tell)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to hear (and see) that you three on the other side had a good time! We'll have to dish about it the next time I see you! I've had the Coldplay blues all week, but I just got their new EP and it's lifted my spirits!

    ReplyDelete