You may need to click on this to see all the details (the robot butterfly, the aliens parachuting on to different planets, the rather impressive rocket ship, etc.). She worked very hard for three days to create this masterpiece. She got a little carried away writing her name on the back, too:
She wanted me to take a picture of both sides ;) And she told me I was welcome to put them on the blog. So there you have it.
that needs to go in a frame over the mantle.
ReplyDeleteVery good Chloe.
ReplyDeleteYou know, I juried the reflections contest at an elementary school in Kaysville last night. There were some alien pictures. You'll read about it in an upcoming blog post.
Lisa- Which side do I frame? Honestly, I enjoy the pencil aliens inserted into the letters of her name and holding flags with the school name and mascot as much as the full color side! I'll have hang it on wire coming down from the ceiling, I think.
ReplyDeleteLaura- Sure, there may have been aliens in Kaysville. But were there robot space butterflies?
Chloe is well aware of the Reflections legacy she has to live up to.
ReplyDeleteKelly: Please share with everyone your art story about the mermaid. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of Reflections art contests - is it something all schools in Utah do? I agree that both sides have great qualities - it would be a shame to cover one side up.
ReplyDeleteI hope Chloe wins!
Wow, it sure made me go "wow!" So it's sure to take a blue space alien butterfly ribbon in the contest!
ReplyDeleteNow what about this art story regarding the mermaid, hmmm? Haven't heard that one!
XO,
Mimi
The Mermaid Story:
ReplyDeleteWhen I was in 5th grade, part of our Field Day included an art contest (I don't get why either--too much bottle-neck at the Fill-Er-Up Relay?). The theme was "Under the Sea" and we had 15 minutes to draw something. I drew a mermaid and some fish. I admit it wasn't my best drawing ever, but I tried really hard considering the time constraint. We were to come back later to see how our pictures did. After some time had past, one of my friends came up to a group of us and said she had peeked at the judging. She was disappointed because she'd gotten a third place ribbon. And then she said, "It's totally not fair because they gave this retarded looking mermaid a blue ribbon." Yeah, she didn't realize she was describing MY picture. Awkward. The obvious good news was that I got a blue ribbon. The bad news was my mermaid was not rendered as beautifully as I had hoped, according to my friend. Oh, well. Everybody's a critic.
Laminate it and hang it like a mobile! Who needs chandeliers.
ReplyDeleteI love the masterful way she filled all the white space. This is something second graders struggle with. Chloe's got the creative gene.
ReplyDeleteHint: For future reflections contest entries encourage this super creative gal to enter several categories (almost everyone enters art and writing). I think the same student has won the music category for the six years I've been at my school because he's the only one who ever enters, same is true of dance, theatre, and film. She could really rack up the wins, trophies, ribbons, etc.
I love her artistic skill! That is great.
ReplyDeleteWhat an artist! Even if it is strange, sci-fi art, she has so much detail in there that most kindergarten kids don't put in there drawings (e.g., the different colors in the flame coming out of the rocket). Don't be too surprised if you see that hanging up somewhere in her school!
ReplyDelete