Saturday, November 12, 2011

Puppies and Kitties

After the major photo dumps here on the blog as of late, I will keep this short and sweet.  Chloe decided to enter this year's Reflections contest at school.  As usual, she selected the Visual Arts category.  The theme this year is "Diversity Means . . ." 

She spent hours working on her submission entitled "Best Friends":



And she ended up with this:




Quite the diverse crowd of puppies and kitties, eh?  I was so proud of how hard she worked--her process of selecting the color scheme and then drawing each little guy was meticulous and purposeful.  I counted over 80 of them in the end.  We all decided that no matter how the judging goes, she created a winning work of art that will have a special place in our home for years to come!

5 comments:

  1. that's amazing! I want to frame it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooove this! She should seriously market it -- I would totally frame it in a kid's room, and it would make an amazing print for wrapping paper, or even clothes! Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I want a copy. I was a judge for the literary ones at Liz's school. I totally would have given Chloe the best score possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her creativity. She is going to go places with that talent!

    ReplyDelete