Um, what happened to the last two weeks? How can it already be the end of November? Anyway, here are some things we've learned over the last little bit:
*You can get free service at the Benefit Brow Bars inside of Ulta stores on your birthday. They do a decent job, but they take a looooong time (so if you have to pick someone up from preschool right after, you might be late. And since the preschool charges by the minute for being late, the brow waxing suddenly isn't free anymore!). My results:
*If you are looking for a great restaurant in Heber, UT (and some of the best gelato in the entire state), do yourself a favor and check out Spin Cafe. And if you're looking for a place to rest your weary head (and steam/sauna your sore muscles), might we suggest the Invited Inn? Carter and I did this combo for our joint birthday celebration and were exceedingly pleased.
*Sometimes two-and-a-half-year-olds have diaper blowouts (even if you sincerely believe you're past that stage of your life). Sometimes they have them during the middle of a fancy Thanksgiving at your aunt's house. Bring extra clothes (for yourself AND your toddler) everywhere you go or you will be sorry. And try to have a family nice enough to pretend not to notice the horrific gross-out that ensues. I seriously wonder how we still get invited places.
*Um, I kinda love Black Friday. I did my shopping at home that day (ah, how did people survive without the internet?!?). I got almost all of my Christmas shopping done. My favorite store had promotions all week long. So fun! I picked up this little treat with my birthday money. I've worn it every day since it arrived!
*Speaking of fabulous accessories, Tessa has become quite the fashionista:
Yes, that lamb IS a purse. A great place to hide that extra outfit you need to bring everywhere you go when you are on hardcore antibiotics!
*Little girls love Christmas trees. So if you say that you're going to put yours up on the morrow, don't be surprised if they bop into your bedroom at 7 AM ready to start decorating.
*The Porcupine Pub & Grille is a great place to have a dinner with family (although I do recommend leaving the kiddies home like we did this night). My grandparents hosted this affair from afar and we couldn't be more grateful.
*The Night Circus by Emily Morgenstern is the best book I've read all year (and I've read some really good books this year). I think you'll like this if you like magic, love, or circuses. I hated putting it down. Now I hate that I finished it.
*If you get word that a fabulous friend (that you've known since you were seven) is coming to town, definitely clear your schedule so that you can enjoy brunch, hot stone pedicures, and shopping with her and her former mission companion (who also happens to be your sister--still can't get over how small this world is sometimes ;)
* What have YOU learned this November?






Oooh, I love that scarf!
ReplyDeleteI learned that buying a house turns me into a crazy person. That is all.
Ha! I agree with Laura Lee on both counts.
ReplyDeleteBut also I love the eyebrows (makes me wish wax could ADD hair) and the lamb purse.
And now I'm off to check out your book list...
Oh- to answer the question. I learned how to make pies. I'm super thrilled about it- so I'm glad you asked.
ReplyDelete