Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Disneyland!

When we found out that my brother's wedding was going to be in Newport Beach, CA, we decided that a trip to Disneyland was in order.  After all, you have to make the most of the 20 hour car ride required for the trip, right?  This was Piper, Sadie, and Tessa's first trip to The Magic Kingdom (and really, the first for Chloe as she was only two the last time she went and remembers nothing).  We went with two-day park-hopper passes, so we got to enjoy California Adventures as well.  This was a good thing, as all the girls' favorite rides were in that park:

Chloe: Tower of Terror (she rode it four times!)
Piper: Grizzly Rapids
Sadie: The Little Mermaid
Tessa: Bug's Life Hot Air Balloons

Here are tons and tons of pictures in no particular order:


 Chloe decided she HAD to have mouse ears as her souvenir. 



Piper counting before It's Tough To Be A Bug Show.  It was pretty scary (I'm predicting at least two out of my four children will need extensive therapy after this one).


I loved this popsicle stick bench.  Also, this shows Sadie feeding her new addiction to cotton candy.




Poor Chloe got completely soaked on Splash Mountain.  She refused to ride again, even with our fast passes.





This is Sadie paying very close attention to The Little Mermaid ride.  It was her favorite by far and I think she rode it about five times.


My brother, Barrett, at Soarin' Over California.  I'd never been on this ride before and I loved it!  


Katie and I at my favorite ride, the ice cream shop on Main Street.  Those hot fudge sundaes are amazing!



My sister-in-law, Allie, and I did not coordinate our outfits, yet we showed up in the lobby looking like twins (right down to our purses!).  Here we are waiting in line for the Haunted Mansion (which is completely different during Halloween!).


Riding The Tower of Terror (this was round 4, so they were prepared for the photo op).


Chloe proved to be a real daredevil.  This was her second favorite ride.








Such good fun!  I'm glad we got to do this as a family (especially because the adult to kid ratio was in my favor for once).  I know the memories will last forever*.  Thank you, Mom and Dad! 


---------------------
*Let's hope so because I don't think I can do this again for at least another ten years!

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your kids to adult ratio! That would have been nice! So glad you guys were able to go as a family. Can't wait to hear all about it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great pictures! I just can't believe how big your girls are... esp. Chloe. Wow, she's looking old to me. Esp. that pic of you and her on splash mountain. Like your little friend, not your daughter. That first pic of her needs to be part of the next Disney ad campaign -- perfect!

    Also, you are looking fab and so much like your mom! That pic of you and Katie @ ice cream is frame-worthy -- beautiful!

    The hats have veils now?? What???

    I really look forward to our first Disney experience. It's nowhere near us now, but someday it will come (just like my prince... wait, what?) and we will love that magic.

    ReplyDelete