That's me on the left and Katie on the right. Both pairs of shoes are hers! She has the best shoes in the world!
The little girls got to realize their dream (first conceived of during The Royal Wedding) of being flower girls. Some were more willing to pose for group photos than others . . .
It was at about this point that all the strain of the trip so far (magnified by trying to get all those little flower girls ready and trying to get them to behave in photos--oh, not to mention the fact Tessa began cutting her two-year-old molars and hadn't slept the night before) got to me and I had a meltdown. The incident involved two cups of fruit loops, whining children, and a beloved Kate Spade bag. It was not pretty. But thanks to a great sister and a loving husband (and a couple of diet cokes), I pulled through it and made it to the gorgeous luncheon on Balboa Island.
Yep, Chloe caught the bouquet! She's holding it proudly on the beach here, where we saw the bride and groom off on a boat (seriously, so romantic!). Moments before the toss, she looked like this:
I crack up every time I see this. Thank you, Brooke!
After all the wedding fun was over, we headed back to our hotel. We hung out by the pool and had dinner by the fire pit nearby. We were joined by dear friends and family members. My whole family spent the evening laughing like crazy. I loved it.
The next morning, after one last trip to the complimentary breakfast bar, we headed back out on the road. I spotted this restaurant in Nevada, which I thought was terribly fitting:
It was an incredibly long eleven hour haul back home, but we made it back in one piece. And, if I do say so myself, in great style:
I spent most of last week doing laundry and randomly falling asleep every time I held still for more than 60 seconds. It was an exhausting trip, but an incredibly wonderful one. The bride and groom return from their honeymoon (in Hawaii!) tomorrow night. And then we get to have our Utah reception on Thursday. I'm looking forward to it because I love these two so much! Yay!
Congrats, Taylor and Jenny! Kell and her belles (plus Carter) are wishing you a marriage as glorious as your wedding day!!!


Wow! A boat? For real?
ReplyDeleteLove that Chloe praying for the bouquet pic. That's a keeper!
I want the full story on the meltdown someday.
Beautiful wedding!
Love that picture of Chloe wishing for the bouquet too - darling! What a fun and beautiful wedding. We just went through the whole flower girl thing too - my sister got married a few weeks ago. I only had one to worry about though. . . . I would have been in some serious need of Diet Coke too!! You looked so pretty and fashionable in all the pix - amazing feat, especially when travelling and sharing a room with little ones. Way to go, hot mama!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. Those pictures are the best. In addition to the one of her pleading to God for the bouquet, I love the one of them sitting on the benches and Chloe looks like a relief pitcher sitting in the dug out. Oh, and Sadie's dazed looks off into the distance.... You're kids are the best.
ReplyDeletelove this whole thing. it was fun to get to see you guys for a bit of it!
ReplyDeleteShar, I love that we got to see you at both the wedding and Disneyland!!! So fun!
ReplyDeleteWhat great pics and such a beautiful wedding! I love the pic of Chloe praying. Sounds like something I would have done too :)
ReplyDeleteToo bad I don't wear the same size as Katie. LOVE the pic of your (her) shoes!
xoox
I loved every bit of precious time with our family during Jenny and Taylor's wedding! And Chloe catching the bouquet... priceless!! And meltdown? What meltdown? (FYI, I did try to stop the Fruit Loop dump into the Kate Spade bag, honest! Sorry I wasn't fast enough!) xoxo
ReplyDelete