Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Best Floaties Ever

My parents came to town this weekend. They like to stay at the Marriott down the street when they come so that the girls can go swimming. My (genius) mom found the most fantastic pool floaties online and had them shipped to my house in advance. Each girl got a different color/creature:


They helped even the littlest swimmer not only stay afloat, but figure out how to kick and move her arms to propel herself around the pool. I'm such a fan! Sadie was, too. She kept screaming, "I swimmin'! I swimmin'!" (She hates people to hold her in the water and FREAKS out about it. She really enjoyed the freedom---but don't worry, there was an adult just out of frame in case there was a problem!)


I'm SO thankful that my parents could come. My dad read a million stories, took the kiddos swimming each day of the trip, and played at least 20 rounds of Lumpy Carpet (don't ask). My mom taught Sadie her colors (using CandyLand cards), fixed my glasses, prepared numerous meals and baked several rounds of cookies, changed even more diapers, and gave the girls haircuts! I actually got to sit down for a while. It was wonderful.


I hope they come back. Very, very soon.

9 comments:

  1. For your sake, I hope they come back: FOR GOOD! :) I love parent visits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did your mom find those floaties? They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post - your girls look SO happy in those floaties. They are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so fun! Where did your mom find those floaties? Carter hates floaties but I'll bet he'd try those if he got to pretend to be some creature while wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After just saying good bye to my Mom and Liz, I miss them so much and wish they would come back tomorrow! Isn't family the best? Parents/sisters provide the best breaks ever, and the best giggles from little ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, that sounds like the best time ever. I've just about lost it with Jack. LOST IT. MY MIND! MY TEMPER! MY SANITY!

    I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kel, sounds like you guys had a great weekend! I'm glad that you had some down time and your kids had sooo much fun. Those floats are super cute! Thank you Grandma!! It should be sooo much easier to take the three swimming now! Parents ARE the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you post a link to where we can buy these floaties Kelly!! They sound fantastic! I'm glad you had such a nice visit from your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are super-cute! Gotta get me some of those- swimming might actually be a go this year!

    Yay for grandparents! I'm sure it was just as enjoyable for them. ;D

    ReplyDelete