After the poll and long-winded blog entry, what did you decide to do about your ever so important hair?
I donated, of course! It took my stylist a long time to hack through that ponytail, but she succeeded. See for yourself:
Are you going to include a picture of the cut off ponytail?
No, because it kind of freaks me out in a gross way.
How are the results?
Again, see for yourself:
This isn't the greatest picture of it (that one strand out of place is KILLING me right now), but you get the general idea. I feel like this is one of those haircuts that is going to look even better when it grows out for a couple of weeks (I got the bangs short on purpose because mine grow so very fast).
Who cut your hair?
Tennille, my usual stylist did. She works well from pictures, so I trusted she could execute my beloved Newsweek hairstyle.
Are you ever tempted to sing Captain and Tennille songs when you are sitting in the chair?
YES! I have to bite my tongue to keep from busting out, "LOVE! Love will keep us together..." every time I see her. (In addition to a fabulous book library, my parents had a most excellent CD one as well. My knowledge of songs from the 60s and 70s is frightening. And I think it's technically THE Captian and Tennille.)
Oh, pardon me. What made you decide to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths program instead of another charity?
Since watching Hilary Swank donate her hair to PBL on Oprah six months ago is what gave me the idea to do this in the first place, I decided to go with them. Also, they only require eight inches of hair instead of ten. I don't think I could have made it to ten without tearing my hair out by the roots. I get impatient when my hair gets super long.
So was this the longest your hair has ever been?
Oh, yes. Katie, my sister, came to visit two weeks ago. For the first time in history, my hair was longer than hers. We both felt the universe was a little out of whack when we realized that. I'm really not a long hair person.
Is Carter really as unsupportive as you make him out to be?
No way! He has actually been really great through this decision. He voted in the poll and left a comment. He even busted out his photoshopping skillz and surprised me with this to help me cement my decision:

Although my chin frightens me in this picture (I pray that it reads more Reese Witherspoon than Jay Leno in real life), it helped me see that the cut could really work. The fact that he took the time to do that for me really touched me and made up for all the sarcasm.
Not only did he watch the kids during the appointment, but he even cleaned the house while I was gone! And to top it off, he unexpectedly brought flowers home for me earlier this week:
Pink roses! My favorite. So yeah, he gets quadruple gold stars!
What about Sarah Palin? You promised a discussion about her!
Ugh. I don't think I'm up for it. For those who really care, go here. It shows how I feel and will make you laugh all at the same time. And laughter through tears is my favorite emotion.
Did it take you a long time to write this? Did you have to get up lots of times to check out your new hair in the mirror?
(Blushes) Yes.
It's only 11 o'clock in the morning. This ALL has happened ALREADY?
ReplyDeleteI think we've eaten breakfast and SOME of us have showered.
You look awesome. That'll be fun to play around with :)
Yeah...I'm still in my pajamas as I write this.
ReplyDeleteI can't WAIT to see it in person! Way to be brave and just do it. And of course you're going to be looking at yourself a lot in the mirror for the next little while :)
And what a cute husband Carter is.
Yes, this is what happens when you marry a morning person and then have kids with him. That gene is totally dominant, if anyone is wondering. My fingers were crossed that genetics would favor my night owl tendencies, but alas, here we are, up at the crack of dawn each day. A lot happens before 11AM around here.
ReplyDeleteAlso, even when I call weeks in advance, I still end up with appointments at strange hours (like today's at 8AM). Saturdays are tough to book and I HAVE to have Saturday (hair appointment + kids = disaster). I'm actually glad I got it done early! It's nice to have it all over with!
Your hair looks terrific!! And now you can enjoy your beautiful hairstyle all day long, since you had it done early in the a.m. Bravo to your great hairstylist and your beautiful hair. I'm glad you took the plunge! And loved the debriefing.
ReplyDeleteSo cute!
ReplyDeleteOkay, good. You can ignore my anxious voicemail today asking how it all went. Bravo, Carter, and here is my belated post on THE OPPOSITE SONG:
ReplyDeleteWoot! LOVE IT! Applause, applause, applesauce!
XO,
Mimi
I've been waiting all weekend for this blog! You are such a cutie. It's nice that Carter was sensitive to your internal struggle....
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the do in person! We're still looking at an October 11th BYU game party, so I'll hopefully get to see it at least by then... More details to come!
Sooo cute Kel!! However I really liked it long too. That is what is so fun about hair cuts. Every time something new :) It looks great! As for mine I have quite the mullet growing down my neck line. Ug. Need it cut now!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I told Lis that usually when I look at your kids I always see so much Durham in them...but having looked at your baby through childhood pictures I was like: OH MY they all look exactly like you!! Way cool to see. :D
Cute Kelly! I'm so proud of you. I love the bit about Tennille... my brother is dating a Tennille right now!
ReplyDeleteLove the cut Kelly. It looks great!!
ReplyDeleteYou look BEAUTIFUL - love the new do!
ReplyDelete