Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cabin Fever!

The Annual Posse Cabin Party took place this weekend:


This tradition, developed over the past few years, is where we head up to Cart's family cabin in Midway along with Carter's best friends (since high school, known as "Posse") and their families for a big sleepover. Granted, we have never had ALL of Posse represented. We were definitely missing certain families this year. You know who you are. But we had to carry on. Despite the work involved, we always attempt a group photo and above 2008's is featured (thanks, Charles, for figuring out my camera's timer!).



The night kicked off with dinner at the Dairy Keen in Heber. The kiddos loved this place. Believe it or not, there were trains there.


Then the kids took in the view from the cabin
.

And I took in the view of the kids!



We set up a big sleepover for the kids downstairs and let them watch a movie (actually, three. It's hard to fall asleep surrounded by so many friends!). We couldn't believe how big the communal pack of children has grown! They outnumber us now (this year we had ten adults, but eleven kids!). After the kids went to "sleep," the grown-ups played games, talked, ate, and laughed well into the night. We even got a little sleep, which was pretty amazing since we had three babies missing their own beds between us! One of those babies:



In the morning, after breakfast and clean up, the dads took the kids on a hike whilst the moms talked about politics as they looked after the babies.


This is Chloe with James, her intended. These two have known each other since they were wee babes. A couple of years ago, they decided they are going to get married when they grow up. It is not uncommon to hear one of them say to the other, "If you don't give me that dinosaur [or whatever toy they are fighting over] right now, I won't marry you." The other usually hands over the dinosaur pretty quickly. I believe this union could happen. That is, unless one of those gorgeous Garber girls decides to go after him :)

It was a GREAT weekend and, sorry to be cheesy here, we feel so blessed to have such an amazing group of friends. Thanks, guys, for all the fun!

9 comments:

  1. Honestly, it's pretty exciting to see the Posse all grown up. Back in the day it seemed all they were interested in was making videos, playing ball, and trying to mooch free stuff. Seeing them now with their beautiful wives and beautiful children just proves that there is hope for everyone. Good for you for keeping them together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, Melissa, were we THAT bad? "Hope for everyone"? I mean, through all the ball playing, video making, and free-stuff mooching, I thought we were still pretty decent, church-going guys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carter, guys will be guys... but wives and kids make you men. And darn good, ball-playing, video-making, church-going men at that! Mooching free stuff, well hey, who can't get behind that?

    Looks like so much fun (but not as much fun as that cabin at Big Bear for my wedding ;-) and Chloe and James make SUCH a cute couple!

    XO,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo! Thanks for catalogue-ing (sp?) our weekend! That was such fun. Thanks for all the work you put in to it. And don't worry, my girls already have their "intendeds" from Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiley, Whew! I'm glad they're already spoken for!

    Melissa, I'm with you. When I heard about the grocery store trick they used to pull (you know, where they'd pick out a person, follow them around the store, through the check-out, and then out to their car), I was surprised they never got the cops called on them. But yes, they have turned out very well and I completely understand your sense of relief!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carter,

    Good, church going, ball playing, free stuff loving, video making, guys, yes. Just weird, very weird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, that first picture should go right next to the ugly one hanging over the TV up there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wait a minute...WHAT grocery store trick??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love ALL these pictures. But that top one is classic.

    Yeah, what grocery store trick?

    ReplyDelete