
*Piper must wear a dress every day. And it can't be just any dress, it has to be a "pretty dress." Make her wear separates at your own peril. (Let's pray Sadie goes through the same phase when she is Piper's size because we have accumulated a lot of these "pretty dresses").
*She is incredibly friendly and enjoys chatting up perfect strangers. For instance, she likes to talk to people in the check-out line about what they are buying or talk to the teachers at Chloe's school about what she is wearing (see above).
*She REALLY likes to sing. She rides her bike in a circle in the driveway and makes up songs the whole time. At church, during every hymn, she sings along (making up her own words). She sings very LOUDLY. Her favorite songs to perform are "Nile Crocodile" and "There Was A Little House in the Middle of the Woods." She can also sing every word to Yael Naim's "New Soul." Every word.
*She loves to play hide and seek with Chloe. Look for her in Sadie's closet first, because that's her favorite hiding spot. And if she's counting, hide fast. She can only make it to eleven.
*Dora the Explorer is a personal hero of hers.
She pronounces her "c" and "k" sounds like "t"s. She likes to ask for "tuptakes" and tell you everything is "otay."
*Piper is very good at talking about her feelings. She tells me when she is "upset," which cracks me up. To hear a 2-year-old talking about being upset is so cute!
*Her favorite animal at the zoo is the giraffe. Her least favorite is that fake elephant that sneezes outside the Elephant Encounter. That thing freaks her out.
*She often comes up to me and says, "You're my best mommy."
*The entire Relief Society Presidency of our ward believes she will be a cheerleader when she grows up.
*Sometimes she says her name is Piper Marie Durham. Sometimes she says her name is Piper Rose. I guess she has her alias all picked out already.
*She recently developed a sprinkling of freckles across her little nose.
*She loves to brush her teeth.
*She also loves to show a lot of affection. She gives lots of hugs and kisses.
May I also add, she genuinely enjoys taking medicine. She loves any kind of medicine. She gets jealous when her sisters are sick and have to take medicine. She always wants like triple the dose. It's crazy.
ReplyDeleteThose random facts are so fun!! Piper is such a character - she made a great impression on me in the short couple of hours I was around her. All three of your girls are darling and sweet, but I think Piper's personality really stuck out with her outgoing, spunky self!
ReplyDeletePiper and Ellie can go shopping together. She will also only wear dresses! What is the deal?
ReplyDeleteCute Piper, I love these posts. I love that she loves to wear dresses. I remember when she didn't though.
ReplyDeleteHey can I come visit tonight? I have something for Chloe and Piper
I love Piper! What a Diva. I can't wait to meet her and hear her sing New Soul.
ReplyDelete