Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A New York State of Mind

My sister, Katie, is on a plane right now. She's headed here:


She's off on the adventure of a lifetime, complete with a fabulous Manhattan apartment (click here and here to see it in all its tiny splendor) and a high-powered Wall Street gig at Goldman Sachs.

Last night our family had a going-away dinner in her honor at the Cheesecake Factory:

Maybe the tongue hanging out is a genetic thing? (See below)

I'm going to desperately miss my sister/BFF/stylist (who else knows our dressing room rating system?), but I cannot wait to visit and see her in action in her new surroundings. Good luck in the Big Apple, Katie!

9 comments:

  1. Great apartment!!! How long will she be there? I remember you talking about her going to NYC but I'm forgetting the details now. Is this an internship or job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a job. Pretty permanent, although I pray she won't be there forever because I already miss her!

    UPDATE: She landed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Katie and wish her the best...but you look SO CUTE in these photos. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those two gorgeous sisters! (and the three shorter sisters are pretty amazing in the looks department, too!) Kelly you look stunningly wonderful - Carter said it best when he saw you in your wedding gown at your wedding... and I quote because I was there, "I got a beautiful one!"

    Katie girl, I hope you don't mind if I come visit and sleep in your bathtub - Broadway weekend, anyone? Have a great time in NYC, Katie, bon voyage and don't forget yer ole auntie!!

    XO,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the Big Apple. She is going to have the time of her life! That apartment looks amazing and you both look AMAZING in these pictures! Best wishes to Katie. I'm excited for you to visit BOTH OF US east coast girls soon.;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both look gorgeous in those pictures. Cute Katie. What a brave girl. She'll be great at her high powered job.

    And I'm a quick study if you want to teach me the rating system!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair is way cute! I hear that we need to chat about being single mothers. As for me it all sucks except for the fact that I get to spread out in my bed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh great; I can already see the slew of posts while I'm in Europe about my deficiencies as a husband. Oh wait, Kelly won't have TIME to post. Sweet...

    ReplyDelete