Friday, June 13, 2008

Some Random Facts About Chloe


*Her favorite color is orange. It has been since birth. She loves it so much that her favorite holiday is Halloween simply because of all the orange involved.

*Chloe was born on her due date. Right from the start she's been all about schedules. And sticking to them. Religiously.

*Sometimes she acts so much like Lola from Charlie and Lola that I fear we'll be sued for copyright infringement. She has even been known to affect a British accent to whine, just like Lola!

*Chloe is a very talented and prolific artist. Carter brings home reams of recycled paper from his office and she fills them with her work. Her latest study on cows (with their tongues sticking out) is my particular favorite.

*Her little sisters worship her. She is a great big sister that doesn't mind (too much) the little mimics that follow her around.

*She is a real party girl. She averaged 2 to 3 birthday parties a month this past year. And that was just preschool. I can't wait to see what happens when she starts elementary school. Buy Toys R Us stock now!

*Chloe doesn't take "no" for an answer, just as the jumping off point for the debate. If the U.N. can harness these unbelievable powers of negotiation for good, I believe world peace is a real possibility.

*Her favorite sport is soccer. She's been on a real soccer jag this last week and it's all she wants to play. Last year she took a soccer class (where the only real skill she seemed to achieve was turning an upside down cone and a soccer ball into a pretend ice cream cone). At the end of the class, they gave everyone who participated a trophy. She slept with that thing for a week before I hid it (it was very pokey and sharp so I had to nip that in the bud before a serious injury occurred).

*When I ask her to do something for me, she salutes and says, "Aye, Aye, Sir!"

*She will be on Track C at her year-round elementary school this August. Despite my best efforts (three calls and two visits to the school), she will be attending morning kindergarten. My baby is almost in kindergarten. Sniff.

*She regularly contributes loose change to a bowl. She is saving up for a trip to "Hoo-waii."

*She likes to sneak into my room for an early morning snuggle. I like it, too.

3 comments:

  1. another fact: Chloe, like her father, is a supertaster. This means she has an unusually high concentration of taste buds, which make, for example, vegetables taste extra bitter. It's not our fault we don't eat our vegetables. Right Chloe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, that last comment was from me, Carter. Laura obviously used my laptop to get on Blogger and didn't log out. My bad for not noticing. Anyway, I don't think Laura is a supertaster like Chloe and me, but maybe she is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my vegetables. And my dark chocolate.

    This is actually Laura by the way.

    Chloe is also a very good help in the kitchen. At least for me.

    ReplyDelete