Monday, October 3, 2011

All We Are Saying Is Give Peace A Chance . . .

Yesterday we had a picnic with Carter's family at The International Peace Gardens. I'd never been there before and I LOVED it. What a cool place!

Our peace was disturbed slightly when Sadie stepped on a bee, but otherwise we had a wonderful time:


First,  the girls gave the swings a go (and I admit, I did too!).


Then we had a lovely lunch.


After that, it was time to explore the gardens.  Becky printed maps for us so we would know what we were looking at--I highly suggest doing the same if you take a stroll though the gardens.


Tessa at the Matterhorn in the Swiss Garden


And here she is by the Swiss Chalet!


Chloe in Greece . . .


 . . . and then in China



 Piper and Chloe strumming a lute (harp?) in Wales



Piper on top of Stonehenge


 Sadie by the "Scary Face" in Mexico


My jaunt with Chloe to the Eiffel Tower


Aunt Laura took this beauty.  It perfectly captures Sadie's mood post-bee sting.



Sadie was not a happy girl.

In addition to a feast for our eyes (the flowers were gorgeous), we also got to listen to a bagpiper (who took up residence in the Scottish Garden, naturally) and an Oompa band.  Quite the adventure!  If you've never been to the International Peace Gardens (aka Jordan Park), we definitely recommend them.  Just keep your shoes on and watch out for bees!

No comments:

Post a Comment