I love this picture:
There's more here than meets the eye. Sure, it's an adorable picture of a very sweet little girl before she left for school one day. But it represents a lot more than just that. Poor Piper has had a rough, rough time in first grade. She's had to overcome great fears and deal with difficult emotions (like loneliness, confusion, and, well, fear). But every single day she gets up, puts on a fierce outfit, and faces down her trials with a smile. I don't know how or when she got so brave. Perhaps all the She-Ra cartoons she's been watching lately? Although that particular warrior/princess has nothing on Piper :) She's been such an inspiration to me as we try to sort everything out and make her situation better. She definitely inherited her father's unwavering optimism that we can improve our circumstances. And for that I'm so thankful.
So that's why I had to share this photo. I'm so proud of my little schoolgirl.
Cute Piper! That is an awesome jumper. And I love that we all have pictures of us in front of the "hearth"
ReplyDeleteSchool is hard and kids are mean. That's what I learned in school, but I loved it just the same. She is an amazing little girl and as long as she has just a wonderful mother, she'll make it. (mothers are .... and I hate this word.... awesome). Her dad isn't so bad either. She-ra rocks!
ReplyDeletePiper's one of the great ones. She has no reason to fear anything in the grand scheme of things, unlike many of us. She's got the most important things figured out already. She'll figure out the rest with time.
ReplyDeleteAww. She's gaining a unique perspective that will make her unique. All you really need is parents who know how awesome you really are. :)
ReplyDeleteCarter's right. Piper has nothing to worry about. Sweet thing.
ReplyDelete