Friday, November 19, 2010

Tuxedo Pants

Last night marked the first of three concerts that Carter (and the rest of the Utah Chamber Artists) is performing with the Utah Symphony this week.   As usual, he came home looking terribly handsome in his tuxedo.

 UCA rehearsing with the Utah Symphony.  Cart's all the way on the left in the back row.  Looking quite natty in a black sweater and collared shirt, I might add.  He can, and does, get it right most of the time.

We started talking about our days, and he mentioned that he had worn his tuxedo pants TO WORK with a casual button up shirt.  I don't know why, but I started laughing hysterically at the thought of this get-up.  Then he expressed confusion as to how everyone knew they were tuxedo pants (apparently more than a few people commented on his outfit).  "I mean, they're just regular black pants.  They just have a stripe up the side!"  That made me laugh even harder.  We're talking the kind of laugh where I couldn't breathe with tears rolling down my face.  He thought nobody would notice he was wearing tuxedo pants!  Why did he do this?  To save himself the trouble of having to change pants before the concert, of course.  To make the scenario even more amusing, he had to give a presentation.  Luckily they kind of turned it into a skit and his boss had him change all the way into the tux.  He couldn't understand why I thought all of this was so funny.  But he seemed pleased that he amused me.  And that's what makes him a terrific husband.

8 comments:

  1. I can't stop laughing. Really can't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "They just have a stripe up the side."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! So something Harley would do. Better start dressing this one too, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The most important thing in the world to me is how I look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See Kelly? You must be doing something right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just proud that he owns his own tux. Not a lot of men do in this day and age!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the best thing I've read all day, thanks Kelly.

    ReplyDelete