Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Frosty the Snowdog

Yesterday the girls built these . . . um, I guess you'd call them snow figures.



The photo is by Chloe, who needed to go out and visit them this morning.  The snowcat is on the far left, the snow cowboy is center, and the snowdog is on the right.  Her sisters needed to join her, of course.  Even though it's only 37 degrees outside (although when you account for the windchill factor, it's -370).  I tried to protest, but they pretty much bundled themselves up and headed out.


 Yes, I took these from the window.  It was way too cold for me to actually go out there!  Tessa and I stayed inside.



Sadie biffed it


 But she recovered nicely


They were freezing when they came in after the "fun," so I fixed them hot chocolate.




And then it was 9AM.  This day is going to be looooong.  The girls have every day this week off of school, so this week is going to be looooong.  Sigh.

In other news, Tessa wore some socks today!




Not exactly what I had in mind, but it's a start.

4 comments:

  1. Is it bad that when I read "Sadie biffed it" I totally laughed and then looked for the fall? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at "and then it was 9 AM. That's how I feel at work some days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so dread days like that. Then you spend the rest of the day just looking at the clock asking "Please can it be bath time!" At least now I can break out the Christmas movies and plop the kids down in front of a "new" show for a minute. You're a good mom though to let them go outside. Most days I just refuse thinking of the mess of wet coats, snow pants, gloves, hats, scarfs and such, oh it makes me tired thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! "Then Sadie biffed it." "I took the pictures from the window." "Then it was 9AM." Haha... such a true picture of motherhood!

    Darling hot cocoa pics! They all look cute enough to keep. ;)

    ReplyDelete