Thursday, November 4, 2010

Conference Fun

Last night was SEP Conference Night for our family.  Because of a traumatic experience this time last year, I brought Carter along for the fun (which meant all six of us showed up).  Things went much, MUCH better this year.  I can tell Chloe's teacher appreciates her for who she is.  And she didn't yell at me.  Excellent.

Piper's conference went well, too.  I didn't need Carter in that one.  She has the same teacher that Chloe did, which pleases me to no end.  Mrs. M is simply fabulous.  We shared a big laugh at the picture Piper drew of herself as a baby, now, and as a grown-up.



Um, yeah.  We were laughing at what you think we were laughing about.  Oh my.

I showed the picture to Carter when I got out of the conference.  An alarmed look came over his face.  He called her off the playground (where she was playing with her sisters) to come have a look.  He asked her about it.  She explained that the large purple dots were a pattern on her shirt.  Then Carter said, "Ah, that's what I thought!"  Whew.  The main focus of that picture was supposed to be how long her hair will be in the future. 

Still, I'm keeping my eye on that girl.

8 comments:

  1. Piper has heaps and heaps of embarrassment coming her way when she's older.

    I actually thought she was simply taking a cue from Anne Shirley and anticipating her dress with "puff" sleeves. Of course unlike Diana Barry she has no intention of wearing her hair "up".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!! So cute. My girls are really excited to have "mommy boobs" someday because they want to feed babies! I am so not looking forward to the day they realize the rest of the world's warped idea of our God-given anatomy. :b Hopefully our family's healthy/scientific discussions about our bodies will have formed a more mature and wholesome perspective first.

    LOL Laura Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Laura: I know. I debated putting it up to save her future mortification, but I couldn't resist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, weird. I got off here to do Mia's science lesson, and the optional activity at the end was to draw themselves as a baby, now, and as an adult.

    She drew big squares on her chest, and I asked what she was wearing, and she said those were the sleeves. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes a girl just wants big boobs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wait until Aunt Jessica names them...

    ReplyDelete